Sona 2020

Milano

Honorary Master
"Pathways for young people into the economy"

2 prongs, multiple channels, 6 priority programmes.

Nation building.

Unlock it Cyril.

:ROFL:

yebocan

Honorary Master
Coding fro grade R to 3 .. the kids can't even spell and they want them to code?!?!?
Think more inline of early childhood spatial
development/reasoning.

Last edited:

daveza

Honorary Master
I mean really now do you think the current crop of BSc/BEng first years coasted by with a 30%?

A lot of them will put even you guys that wax lyrical about the standards in the good old days to shame. There will always be intelligent, hard-working students no matter how low the pass mark is, and they will benefit from these reforms.
I would suggest it is a million times more important that the vast majority learn to read, spell and manage basic maths as opposed to spending huge amounts of money on an intellectual few.

Besides - where tf are they going to find teachers to teach coding and robotics at every school ?

jvrs

I mean really now do you think the current crop of BSc/BEng first years coasted by with a 30%?

A lot of them will put even you guys that wax lyrical about the standards in the good old days to shame. There will always be intelligent, hard-working students no matter how low the pass mark is, and they will benefit from these reforms.
Lol, how big is that first year crop of yours, next year they down 50% attendance, the year thereafter even more. Smell the flowers, your reality is skewed.
Yes there are top performers, our school system is not the reason they are performing.

Knyro

PhD in Everything
I would suggest it is a million times more important that the vast majority learn to read, spell and manage basic maths as opposed to spending huge amounts of money on an intellectual few.

Besides - where tf are they going to find teachers to teach coding and robotics at every school ?
This won't and can't be an instant thing. Why not start the roll out at functional schools while fixing the basics at other schools?

Milano

Honorary Master

The teachers can be recruited from Lanseria smart city.

daveza

Honorary Master
2 hours 41 minutes - have we heard anything vaguely hopeful ?

Knyro

PhD in Everything
Lol, how big is that first year crop of yours, next year they down 50% attendance, the year thereafter even more. Smell the flowers, your reality is skewed.
Yes there are top performers, our school system is not the reason they are performing.
There's always been an exponential drop out rate even in the old days. MyBBers brag all the time how half the people dropped out in 2nd year engineering and about how there were only 40 people in their graduating class. It's the nature of uni. It's hard AF.