South African iPad 3 prices compared

Pixual

Expert Member
When I bought my iPad2 here on launch day last year I paid R4399 for the 16GB wifi version. Cheaper my foot.

Acydebyte

When I bought my iPad2 here on launch day last year I paid R4399 for the 16GB wifi version. Cheaper my foot.
If you read the article you will see its the exchange rate that fluctuated not the price of the model.

I cant wait to read all the Droids complain about the prices, when Apple have launched a new product, with much better specs and manage to drop the price or keep it the same. Will the new S3 cost the same as the current S2 ? i doubt it....

bwana

MyBroadband
Looks like I'd save over R1000 if I got a 16gb 4g in the UK and claimed the VAT back on my return to SA.

Pixual

Expert Member
Looks like I'd save over R1000 if I got a 16gb 4g in the UK and claimed the VAT back on my return to SA.
If you're happy to jailbreak and unlock that might be wise. I don't know if the UK versions will work out the box on SA networks.

Just get a wifi one and use your phone as a personal hotspot. Works for me.

bwana

MyBroadband
If you're happy to jailbreak and unlock that might be wise. I don't know if the UK versions will work out the box on SA networks.

Just get a wifi one and use your phone as a personal hotspot. Works for me.
The UK version will work - 3G is a pretty generic technology by now :)