South African post office stealing

SSFebruaryThief

I ordered a parcel through dhl and the tracking for it has been fine up until today when it said that my parcel has been delivered to a S S FEBRUARY in BERTSHAM. It was meant to be in a Durban. Anyone know what the procedure to follow. I’ve emailed those low iq individuals at customer service only to be ignored.

Nobody Important

Executive Member
I ordered a parcel through dhl and the tracking for it has been fine up until today when it said that my parcel has been delivered to a S S FEBRUARY in BERTSHAM. It was meant to be in a Durban. Anyone know what the procedure to follow. I’ve emailed those low iq individuals at customer service only to be ignored.
If your order was to be delivered by DHL, why are you querying with SAPO?

Nobody Important

Executive Member
Dhl and dhl express are different. DHL is Germany’s postal service
Ahh, I see. I did not know that. Thank you for teaching me something. :thumbsup:

E1362FC1-3431-462E-9842-A3373F2E7704.jpeg

Back to your problem then; have you visited your local post office? Maybe that will work out better than waiting for a response via email. I too have seen for myself that they often do not reply to emails.

One more question, was your parcel insured? If you get no luck from SAPO, perhaps the next step to consider is filing a claim for the parcel as you did not sign/accept it.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
How is the Post Office stealing? It seems like an incorrect delivery?

And might not even be their fault hit the sending party addressing it wrong.

Sure it’s not one of your neighbours?

sandwitch

Customer Care is useless.
You need to ask for the Enquiry Regarding a Missing or Damaged Postal Article form. You also need to lay a charge at the police station to show you have a valid claim and you're not trying to scam the post office. Otherwise there's a good chance they'll file your form in the dustbin.
The police charge will let sapo formally investigate and charge the person responsible if it's found to be theft.

SSFebruaryThief

How is the Post Office stealing? It seems like an incorrect delivery?

And might not even be their fault hit the sending party addressing it wrong.

Sure it’s not one of your neighbours?
You need your ID to pick up a parcel at the post office. How would anyone who doesn’t work for SAPO be able to bypass that?

Jola

Honorary Master
When I enquired about a missing parcel a few years ago I was informed that a common method of theft was to change the address on the parcel which would then be delivered to the perpetrator or to one of his family or friends.

They use this method to bypass physical security.

SlowInternet

Executive Member
You need your ID to pick up a parcel at the post office. How would anyone who doesn’t work for SAPO be able to bypass that?

I never had to produce my ID for any parcel at the Post Office. I just sign the slip and put down my ID number. I also previously had a registered parcel that showed that it was received but the name of the person that signed for it wasn't myself and I don't have a clue who the person is.

sandwitch

My branch had to look for the form and they were unhappy about it. They said no one had used it in years bcos people verbally complain but give up on taking it further.

20181225_223707.jpg .
This is what it looks like JIC.