South African schools falling off the e-learning deep end

Genisys

Honorary Master
UNISA is managing pretty well to be honest. Most of their stuff is electronic only.

freddster

Expert Member
UNISA is managing pretty well to be honest. Most of their stuff is electronic only.
Think the topic is schools not UNIs. Wondering who is doing the systems for UNISA. I've studied through them. Once they stuffed it up, received Afrikaans material, didn't have a clue.

But why the lack of understanding the platforms?
Worst is lots of teachers who are competent to do that is sitting at home or overseas. The ANC is screwing people over even more than Apartheid did. Claim to give everyone education, but the education is a total *****up. Nee f*k NEEEEEE.

Last edited:

freddster

Expert Member
Plus there is already an app where teachers can live stream lectures to students sitting at home with an internet connection.
I think the target of the topic is the previously disadvantaged communities. They don't have internet,schools, teachers, books etc.

FoXtroT

Expert Member
I think the target of the topic is the previously disadvantaged communities. They don't have internet,schools, teachers, books etc.
Which is why I think this whole e-Learning thing is a load of crap. How do you expect a school in the arse end of nowhere to know how to use a tablet? Never mind they require charging, some level of care and are expensive so an obvious target for theft.

If you can't even get basic stationary to these schools how do you expect to adequately role out an e-learning environment?

They should just stick to the bloody basics. Its not that difficult to buy a book, stick it on a truck and send it to a school.

Emjay

Executive Member
Which is why I think this whole e-Learning thing is a load of crap. How do you expect a school in the arse end of nowhere to know how to use a tablet? Never mind they require charging, some level of care and are expensive so an obvious target for theft.

If you can't even get basic stationary to these schools how do you expect to adequately role out an e-learning environment?

They should just stick to the bloody basics. Its not that difficult to buy a book, stick it on a truck and send it to a school.
You have no idea. Panyaza Lefusi is living in La La Land. The issues facing our government schools are so massive, I don't think they will ever come right. Not even in your children's lifetime (if you have any). I have posted a ton on this forum about the state of education, and all I can say is that I am very afraid for our country.

skeptic_SA

Executive Member
But at least the learners will have the SA flag sewn onto their uniforms. So all is not lost...