Spacers for Wall Mounting a TV

Zyk1

Expert Member
So my TV got delivered today, Samsung, model QA55Q60TAK. I want to mount the TV on the lounge wall, using existing bracket I have. I bought the M8 screws as mentioned in the manual.
I see there are no spacers included with the TV. Those 4 little, normally black, internal sheath spacers. The manual also don't mention that these spacers are needed. Did Samsung forget to include the spacers? Do I really need spacers?
I mounted the TV without the spacers. All ok so far. Just worried it may fall off or something might break.
Online research yields nothing for my model. Most other Samsung models require the spacers and they are included with TV.

Also, I am not sure about the length of the screws. Manual says M8, 39 to 41mm. I bought M8 40mm. But the 40mm is the total length of the threaded part of the screw. The manual mentions the screw length minus the thickness of the mounting bracket, which is about 2mm. I also put in a washer abt 1mm thick, so this makes the screw length 37mm.
TV holding up fine for now. It's screwed in fine.
Any experience with these things?
Thanks. 20201214_213711.jpg 20201214_213705.jpg

Zyk1

Expert Member
I've watched many YouTube unboxing videos of Samsung TVs (couldn't find my exact model though). Spacers came with TV, but not the screws. The wall brackets also had spacers, but not the same ones