Standard Bank Internet banking has a serious bug

wayne042

Standard bank Internet banking will transfer the incorrect amount to a beneficiary when you do a payment.

The call center will only acknowledge that there is a bug if you insist that you did not make the payment for that amount.

They paid Telkom R 43,797.83 insetad of R675. (yes 43 THOUSAND RAND, that I no longer have in my account!!)
They are not fixing the problem.
They are not reversing the paymnets.
The call cenetr takes your details and says they will call back, but they do not.

There are complaints on http://downdetector.co.za/status/standard-bank

Please tell anybody you know with a Standard Bank account to check their payments.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Standard bank Internet banking will transfer the incorrect amount to a beneficiary when you do a payment.

The call center will only acknowledge that there is a bug if you insist that you did not make the payment for that amount.

They paid Telkom R 43,797.83 insetad of R675. (yes 43 THOUSAND RAND, that I no longer have in my account!!)
The call cenetr takes your details and says they will call back, but they do not.

Please tell anybody you know with a Standard Bank account to check their payments.

I did a few transfers to beneficiaries yesterday, the correct amounts were taken off.

konfab

Honorary Master

Look on the bright side, you don't have to worry about paying your Telkom bill for 5 years.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Fortunately for me the R138 I paid Telkom still reflects as such.

CyraxHB

Expert Member
I paid R60 and R6152.02 went off. Luckily it was to my brother and he paid it back.

Got an SMS from the bank saying I should expect a call.

wayne042

Yes I did 5 transactions, and only the Telkom one was incorrect. This is also probably the most difficult to get back :-(

The big problem with this fiasco is that the bank only admit there is a problem after you insist that you did not transfer the incorrect amount.