State capture inquiry begins

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I really like Thuli Madonsela, but I see she is also now a strong advocate for granting amnesty to the corrupt. Amnesty won’t change corruption, we need to eliminate the enables and what guarantee is there to stop those who have been granted with amnesty to suspend or stop their criminal activities?

In my view, this won’t be the resolve, neither the clean slate, it will merely state that the corrupt will go unpunished.

The day Zuma is granted with Amnesty, his faction will party like the days of the Guptas. Not to mention that the Guptas will be quick to demand amnesty and be back here in no time.

surface

Executive Member
I really like Thuli Madonsela, but I see she is also now a strong advocate for granting amnesty to the corrupt. Amnesty won’t change corruption, we need to eliminate the enables and what guarantee is there to stop those who have been granted with amnesty to suspend or stop their criminal activities?

In my view, this won’t be the resolve, neither the clean slate, it will merely state that the corrupt will go unpunished.

The day Zuma is granted with Amnesty, his faction will party like the days of the Guptas. Not to mention that the Guptas will be quick to demand amnesty and be back here in no time.
Do you reckon she is talking about Zumas & Guptas? Would you use term minimal for them?

on Monday, Madonsela said SA should consider lowering the consequences for corrupt people who played a “minimal but critical” role in the act.

R13...

Honorary Master

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

skimread

Honorary Master
The ANC would never go for it. They are claiming the Ruperts and Oppenheimers are corrupt. The reserve bank is corrupt. They themselves want a reset as it covers up their crime. They are not too far (with the help of the EFF) to take land when they run out of money. They already changed the law.

The whole ANC plan is to want a reset. To want the ecomomy to collapse. EFF is waiting in the wings knowing this will happen and hoping to get a bigger slice of the pie.

Another problem is the labour laws. Corrupt hired people loyal to them. You suddenly crippled government and SOEs. You can't tell them they were hired based on corruption. That they wouldn't get the job if the process was fair.

Corruption is systemic. It is a culture. It impacts every single thing in society. Giving a few guys amnesty won't solve it. The effect of their corruption need to be reversed. you can't fix SOEs. You can't ask for money or early pensions to returned.

if you want a clean slate then ban all political parties and create a new political system.

Oh wait. That is communism. We are already heading there.

Nevermind.

Excalibur

Expert Member
Surely, if,you give amnesty to corrupt people, they will continue to be corrupt. There are no consequences for their actions?

They will give you the finger and carry on stealing
Surely, if,you give amnesty to racist people, they will continue to be racist. There are no consequences for their actions?

They will give you the finger and carry on being racist.

Sollie

Executive Member
Surely, if,you give amnesty to racist people, they will continue to be racist. There are no consequences for their actions?

They will give you the finger and carry on being racist.
Cough freedom fighters cough cough Quatro cough ...

Nvm, not 'rona, bad ciggies. No need to party yet.

Cray

Honorary Master
Surely, if,you give amnesty to corrupt people, they will continue to be corrupt. There are no consequences for their actions?

They will give you the finger and carry on stealing
If the financial benefit is under a certain threshold then there might be some benefit to giving amnesty, they have to give full disclosure, testify against higher ups, and can never again hold public office, for that they avoid jail time.