Stealerships

So insurance and let the sort it out? I don't see a problem here?
Question is would you as the buyer still accept the car after an incident like this?

I wouldn't.
 
So insurance and let the sort it out? I don't see a problem here?
Declined. You have 30 days to log claims. Not 10 months.

Dealers have both motor traders internal and motor traders external cover.

This falls under internal.

But guess what? If it wasn't reported their insurer will decline it too.
 
Declined. You have 30 days to log claims. Not 10 months.

Dealers have both motor traders internal and motor traders external cover.

This falls under internal.

But guess what? If it wasn't reported their insurer will decline it too.
Why did it take so long??
 
Why did it take so long??
You would have to ask the client and dealership that.

I once saw a panel beater successfully claim and resell an expensive Volvo to cover storage costs. There was no parts in the country and there weren't any coming soon either. After repeated warning letters from both insurer and panel beater the client opted to ignore it.

People are stupid. Stupid people do stupid things.
 
It was a unfortunate mistake. The dealer is offering to fix it, as long as its done at a VW approved shop then what's the problem?

Geez man some people are so difficult.
 
So insurance and let the sort it out? I don't see a problem here?
Accidents happen, whether it’s a member of public or the VW dealer, always claim from your insurance and let them sort it out.
While I feel for this guy's predicament he's making his own misery for nothing, claim and move on.
 
My current experience...Went to look at a 2nd hand car from set dealer, liked what I saw and spesifically asked what their on the road fees were. Salesperson said it in the region of R3500 and it will include delivery and license and reg, which actually sounded good.

Went to get some prices for my current car at WBC and mentioned to the buyer there that I am looking to buy another car and he suggests that I ask for a discount, which I then proceeded to do. Salesman comes back to me and gives me the good news that they will give me a R10K discount. Great, I thought!

Asked them for a new quote with the new price just to have it on paper, and wouldn't you know it, an extra Service and Delivery item appeared for R9000 together with the license fee of R3950! Wtf, do they think people are dumb?? "Yes sir, here is a discount, but o, now you need to pay us a new fee that matches the discount we gave you". Stealerships indeed...
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X