Stranger attacks woman for using English

Excalibur

Executive Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2007
Messages
5,622
Reaction score
1,782
"When we arrived at the store, there was a Zulu-speaking man, who could be in his 50s, who was also there to buy a pie. After I picked a pie that I wanted, my daughter, speaking in English, picked hers. That's when hell broke loose.

"The man attacked me by first poking his wallet into my eye and I retaliated by kicking him. He told me that he would kick me in the face. He then pushed me against the pie warmer and I fell on the floor and he continued to kick me.

"He told me I was stupid for speaking to my daughter in English yet white people don't speak our languages."
Link.
 
This is the mentality of south africans, everyone only wants to speak their language or you won't get help. Zulu speaking person will not try to accommodate a pedi speaking person all in the name of "we're forgetting our roots"
 
  • Like
Reactions: ES1
Poor lady. The attacker sounds like a complete idiot. Parents from all over SA do it because their kids only really have two languages to choose from when studying.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ES1
This is the mentality of south africans, everyone only wants to speak their language or you won't get help. Zulu speaking person will not try to accommodate a pedi speaking person all in the name of "we're forgetting our roots"

It is not that bad, many people are getting on just fine, I work with colleagues from different backgrounds and I speak up to three languages on any day, I would say those who are not accommodating for cultural reasons are an exception.
 
This is the mentality of south africans, everyone only wants to speak their language or you won't get help. Zulu speaking person will not try to accommodate a pedi speaking person all in the name of "we're forgetting our roots"
Reminds me of an incident I witnessed in a small farming town in L. A team of rugby players arrived at a service station (they spoke different languages) to buy refreshments. One burly lad, probably a prop, approaches the cashier and starts asking questions in (isi)Xhosa
Cashier: (In english) I'm sorry I don't understand Zulu. Please speak English or Pedi
Lad: (In Xhosa, visibly agitated) No, I want to speak my language. You must learn to speak African languages...(then continues with the tirade).

This went on for a while until the lady became visibly agitated as well. One of the lad's team mates offers to translate but the lad would not listen. Eventually, some of his team mates dragged him out of the store. Of course he reeked of alcohol and was being a nuisance for no reason whatsoever.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ES1
Could be that the daughter chose the pie that he wanted. That, coupled with the man's seething hatred for whitey, he found himself running his pie-hole instead of filling it. Violence was inevitable.
 
The pie he bought is not from Zulu tradition. He should go slaughter a cow and have it with pap. He is probably also wearing clothes from a store instead of cow hides.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X