Super Rugby 2018

SA-UK

Banned
Ok I'm no super rugby expert (only watch Internationals), but I thought the Bulls are currently SA's best we have (plus the Lions)

How could a bunch of Argies whip them so bad? :wtf:

Sneeky

Honorary Master
Ok I'm no super rugby expert (only watch Internationals), but I thought the Bulls are currently SA's best we have (plus the Lions)

How could a bunch of Argies whip them so bad? :wtf:

10 years ago, you went to Argentina to fight not play rugby, now you need to to both. :D

The Argies are no push overs. They narrowly lost to England last year on home turf.
All round the Argies are solid rugby these days.
The Jaguares have played 6 and lost 5 in the current Super rugby series, they are ahead on the log of teams like the Bulls, Stormers, Reds, Blues, Brumbies.

Absolutely deserve respect from any opposition.

SA-UK

Banned
Absolutely deserve respect from any opposition.

As well as the fact that their international players are all condensed into 1 team for super rugby..unlike NZ,Aus and SA's
I watched a few of their games at end of last year,and whilst SA has become the laughing stock of world rugby the Argies are on their way up.

Sneeky

Honorary Master
Sure, their player base is less broad hence the concentration of test players, but overall its good for rugby for them to get much more exposure.
I really like the way they play, very powerful up front and not scared to run from deep.

As for us being the laughing stock, well, we seemed to have a vacant or less than effective coaching and management team last time out.
Of now all I will say is that if Rassie loses he will be crucified quite publicly and painfully haha. The twits on twitter are waiting with bated breath/keyboards

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
The up and down year in the SA conference means it's quite a bit more competitive. Although I think the Lions are at home from now on, so will likely pull ahead even more.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
The up and down year in the SA conference means it's quite a bit more competitive. Although I think the Lions are at home from now on, so will likely pull ahead even more.

One away game to the Stormers but that shouldn't be too much of a challenge for them.

EDIT: They're also away to the Sharks apparently...

Last edited:

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
OT:

I see the Panasonic Wild Knights has announced that they will represent Japan at Andrew Forrest’s World Series Rugby. They open against the Western Force in Perth on Augustus 17th.

I guess this is where Robbie Deans will be tied up and that Panasonic will be moving money into this. Now I wonder how this World Series Rugby will do against Super Rugby? They seem to have the numbers and backing...

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill

Quite sad, actually. :(

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...-sparked-a-wallaby-james-slippers-unravelling

Slipper revealed in a statement that he had been suffering depression for a year, which is about the same time period the veteran prop had been battling to regain his footing in rugby after suffering a season-ending achilles tendon injury last year.

What he did not reveal was that it was his mother's terminal cancer diagnosis in September that piled personal heartbreak on professional adversity.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Goddamn. JLdP is such a beast. If he's not in the starting XV for the June internationals then I don't know...