Super Rugby 2019

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
So I see Pollard is leaving the Bulls for Montpellier after the RWC and Morne Steyn is back from Stade Francais, ostensibly to end his career at The Bulls.

rietrot

Honorary Master
So I see Pollard is leaving the Bulls for Montpellier after the RWC and Morne Steyn is back from Stade Francais, ostensibly to end his career at The Bulls.
The Bulls should get someone new in there it would be silly to givr Morne Steyn a few more years.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
The Bulls should get someone new in there it would be silly to givr Morne Steyn a few more years.
Like they welcomed Schalk Brits? I pity Brits though, SANZAAR don't like being brought into disrepute.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Like they welcomed Schalk Brits? I pity Brits though, SANZAAR don't like being brought into disrepute.
I also think he is to old and I can't believe that we don't have young talent, if you have to play the old guys they should mentor and rotate frequently with the new young talent. I think all SA teams get this wrong. They play the old guys until way past their prime then we do the massive rebuild when they retire. It a stupid strategy. You need to be constantly building and including new talent.
And have a good mix of experience, old and young.

Brits is a great player probably one of the all time best no 2s

Last edited:

zeb

Expert Member
Rebels v Bulls. Pathetic refereeing. Bulls may be ahead 24-17 at this stage, 66 minutes in, but the Argentinian is terrible :mad:

zeb

Expert Member
Victorious nonetheless. Not too convincing but well done to them. And another Superbru upset :crying:

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
From the JRFU extended training squad, basically their rugby world cup team. Only 4 have now been called up.

Akihito Yamada
Samuela Anise
Yoshitaka Tokunaga
Timothy Lafaele
Takuya Yamasawa*
Amanaki Lelei Mafi*

*Returning

This is ignoring players like Shota Horie and Yu Tamura already called up earlier this season.

They did okay on their warmup trip:

Game #1 vs Hurricanes B (31-52)
Game #2 vs Highlanders B (46-21)
Game #3 vs Hurricanes B (66-21)
Game #4 vs Western Force (30-10)
Game #5 vs Brumbies B (66-17)
Game #6 vs Melbourne Rising invitational team (37-12)

They lost one game, although against B teams, but not bad considering that they corrected their loss against the Hurricanes B. Just a sorry that these players are being excluded, they should be playing more Super Rugby, but Jamie Joseph doesn’t want to expose them to too much rugby.

Amanaki Lelei Mafi may play against his former teammates, the atmosphere is going to be wonderful...

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Pollard ruled out of Saturday's clash with The Brumbies with a calf strain. Manie Libbok starts with JT Jackson being flown in as cover on the bench.

rietrot

Honorary Master
The controversial TMO decision which denied the Crusadersvictory over the Stormers at Newlands last Saturday was indeed WRONG.
https://m.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/sanzaar-confirms-crusaders-were-robbed-by-sa-tmo-20190523

Interesting, the refs are normally above reproach. People will always complain, but I can't remember that this has happened before. Especially the language used in the media "robbed" and WRONG with capitals. Maybe this journalist is just a cape crusader.

Sl8er

Executive Member
Funny how SANZAAR only comments on refereeing blunders when it goes against a NZ team
SANZAAR confirms Crusaders WERE robbed by SA TMO
Yup.

On "The Breakdown" they didn't even analyze or go over the stormers / crusaders game.
They, literally, spent that time moaning about the ref.
And I was all like, "Yeah motherfckrs, now you know what it feels like!" :ROFL:

Look, I agree with consistency and all of that stuff...but where was all this "consistency" talk when the 50/50 decisions were going their way? :rolleyes:
Oh wait, here it is:

rietrot

Honorary Master
Yup.

On "The Breakdown" they didn't even analyze or go over the stormers / crusaders game.
They, literally, spent that time moaning about the ref.
And I was all like, "Yeah motherfckrs, now you know what it feels like!" :ROFL:

Look, I agree with consistency and all of that stuff...but where was all this "consistency" talk when the 50/50 decisions were going their way? :rolleyes:
Oh wait, here it is:

It is expected that they talk up their teams. It is pathetic from our representatives/administers at sanzaar and our journalist.