Super Saturday in Soweto

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Not sure if everyone else has realised this, but on Saturday Soweto will host both the Super 14 semi-final and the Nedbank Cup final. :D

The Nedbank Cup final between Amazulu and Wits is at Soccer City at 3pm and the Super 14 semi between the Bulls and Crusaders is at Orlando Stadium at 5pm.

2 Major sporting events happening in Soweto in such a small time frame. It should be quite a day. So far Orlando is sold out (40 000), and Soccer City has sold 50 000 of the 80 000 tickets on sale.

D3x

Expert Member
What a great day thats going to be.

Glad to see all the Bulls vs Saders tickets are sold out. Lets paint that stadium BLOU!!!!

:)

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
I took a bicycle tour of Soweto the other day and saw Orlando stadium.... its beautiful. What a great opportunity to showcase this place.

Guantanamo

Expert Member
Got tickets for Bulls vs Saders:D
Hopefully will catch the highlights of the soccer city game,less for the football and more to see what the stadiums like

cr@zydude

Executive Member
It would have been awsome if the 2 matchs were 4 or 5 hours apart, imagine the chance of watching both games live!

HypoThesis

Expert Member
Orlando Stadium is literally a 10 minute drive down the road from Soccer City. Would have loved to see both...and just the chance to see thousands of staunch Pretoria 'okes' in one of the oldest townships in South Africa :p

midrange

Great that the Bulls are playing in Soweto.

I've been to Bafana and Pirates games at Soccer City (FNB Stadium back then) but not to Orlando Stadium.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Great that the Bulls are playing in Soweto.

I've been to Bafana and Pirates games at Soccer City (FNB Stadium back then) but not to Orlando Stadium.
Well pre upgrade Orlando Stadium was quite a dust bowl, but the new stadium is truly world class. It's better than Loftus in many ways, but only has 40 000 seats.

Soccer City and Orlando Stadium are only 10km apart, so the organisers should have their work cut out for them.

Guantanamo

Expert Member
Anyone know what time the last park and ride leaves Orlando to Nasrec at? My uncle and I are keen to sample some of the local flavour and maybe visit a "shebeen" or two

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Anyone know what time the last park and ride leaves Orlando to Nasrec at? My uncle and I are keen to sample some of the local flavour and maybe visit a "shebeen" or two
Do have have the park and ride tickets? You should be able to check on Computickets website.

Pitbull

Verboten
I want to throw my fk'ng PVR out the bloody window, DSTV shows Nedbank Cup nd FA cup Finals on SSHD instead of this historic event. I'm beyond livid...... :mad:

cr@zydude

Executive Member
I want to throw my fk'ng PVR out the bloody window, DSTV shows Nedbank Cup nd FA cup Finals on SSHD instead of this historic event. I'm beyond livid...... :mad:
Nedbank Cup final at Soccer City is a historic event. ;)

Also, if you are refering to the Super 14 semi, it was on M Net HD. :whistling:

Guantanamo

Expert Member
What a fark up of note.
Left my place at 3 on the dot and went in 2 cars, one with me,my mate, my brother and his mate and my father and the other with My 2 grandfathers, my uncle and his father and my younger cousin who was bubbling over with excitement to see his first ever rugby game.
We hit traffic but nothing to bad and arrived at the turn off between Town and Gold reef at around 3:20 from their it was fine all the way past gold reef until the nasrec turn off which was so chaotic people were getting out of their cars, walking around and having beers. We arrived at the Nasrec offramp at 330 we got off at 415.then we had to get to the parking and get a ride. we cued and waited al the way down nasrec road for atleast 15 minutes then turned onto Rand show road and cued and waited for another 15, we got cut off and missed the first gate into the parking are so had to go 500m down the road to the second. By the time we got in, found parking, parked, got out the car and walked back to the bus stop it was 455. Luckily we got on a bus almost immediately and had a brilliant bus driver , Aubrey, who deserves a medal for putting up with that Bull excrement. The bus ride was supposed to be 10 minutes max and the bus "station" is around 5km from the stadium so it is believable. the first K we flew, the second we hit traffic but we were still moving at a decent rate, at around the third kilometer we hit a standstill. The bulls were up, the game had started long ago(20 minutes atleast) so we got Aubrey to open the doors and out of the bus jumped 50 white guys dressed in blue. By this point the other car who we were with and was on another bus had decided to forget about it (to be fair they had 3 70+ and a 10 year old) and would wait on the bus till it got back to nasrec and then go and watch the game at home.

The 5 of us were running through Soweto to get to a Bulls game, quite unbelievable. The locals were friendly and helpful and we got to the stadium with 3 minutes left in the half. Last year we were late because of Ruebens sandwhiches stuffing up our order, this year because the organization was lacking in getting fans to the park and ride. Great game, pity i missed the Stormers game aswell

Kornhole

Blackburn Fan
What a fark up of note.
Left my place at 3 on the dot and went in 2 cars, one with me,my mate, my brother and his mate and my father and the other with My 2 grandfathers, my uncle and his father and my younger cousin who was bubbling over with excitement to see his first ever rugby game.
We hit traffic but nothing to bad and arrived at the turn off between Town and Gold reef at around 3:20 from their it was fine all the way past gold reef until the nasrec turn off which was so chaotic people were getting out of their cars, walking around and having beers. We arrived at the Nasrec offramp at 330 we got off at 415.then we had to get to the parking and get a ride. we cued and waited al the way down nasrec road for atleast 15 minutes then turned onto Rand show road and cued and waited for another 15, we got cut off and missed the first gate into the parking are so had to go 500m down the road to the second. By the time we got in, found parking, parked, got out the car and walked back to the bus stop it was 455. Luckily we got on a bus almost immediately and had a brilliant bus driver , Aubrey, who deserves a medal for putting up with that Bull excrement. The bus ride was supposed to be 10 minutes max and the bus "station" is around 5km from the stadium so it is believable. the first K we flew, the second we hit traffic but we were still moving at a decent rate, at around the third kilometer we hit a standstill. The bulls were up, the game had started long ago(20 minutes atleast) so we got Aubrey to open the doors and out of the bus jumped 50 white guys dressed in blue. By this point the other car who we were with and was on another bus had decided to forget about it (to be fair they had 3 70+ and a 10 year old) and would wait on the bus till it got back to nasrec and then go and watch the game at home.

The 5 of us were running through Soweto to get to a Bulls game, quite unbelievable. The locals were friendly and helpful and we got to the stadium with 3 minutes left in the half. Last year we were late because of Ruebens sandwhiches stuffing up our order, this year because the organization was lacking in getting fans to the park and ride. Great game, pity i missed the Stormers game aswell
Dude my parents only arrived for the 2nd half of the rugby

Guantanamo

Expert Member
Well does 3 to go in the first half not count as 2nd? Its he reason we not going this weekend. My dad can get tickets but to get there is a different story.