Surprisingly low FPS?

It certainly does sound like video mem. see if you can detect how much memory it finds on your vidcard. Do you get programs that test videomem?

see if you can find equivalent setups' 3Dmark scores.
 
According to the guys at PCFormat my 3DMark score is on par to what I'm supposed to get. So I should leave the PSU alone? :confused:
 
well, if your 3dmark is on par, there cannot be much wrong with the card. this means the problem lies elsewhere. Yes, you can leave the PSU alone. Pull your ethernet nick or disable it in the BIOS. If you have onboard wifi, bluetooth, anything like that, disable all of it in the bios and try again. pull your soundcard or disable etc.
 
Have already removed my soundcard, disabled my network (don't have lots of extra features, only have a Gigabyte K8N-Pro SLi) and the problem persists...

Who's right about the PSU? :confused:
 
well, you don't have anything to lose by trying do you? I am willing to bow to Sapphiron "Heaps & Heaps" of information. go for it.
 
heh, I use this board to learn and help where i can, not to pretend that i know more than other people.
 
I use this forum for just about anything. But I'd really like to sort out my PC problem :(

Might as well save up for a few months and do a RAM, CPU and motherboard upgrade :p
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X