RedViking

Nord of the South
On Android it is a pain to Navigate the cursor if want to edit text. Latest SwiftKey update now has Cursor Control, something I first saw on Google Keyboard (Gboard). The SwiftKey Cursor Control however can also move up and down paragraphs and lines of text.

If you used the Beta version, you probably had it for a month already. I requested this feature in 2018, and I am sure many others have also, and SwiftKey finally sent me a reply to a 2 year old request that I must go check it out.

Update to the latest SwiftKey.
Go to Settings > Typing
Switch on Cursor Control.
Hold your finger on spacebar for a couple of milliseconds.

Screenshot_20201104_062059.jpg Screenshot_2020-11-04-06-18-17-090_com.google.android.keep.jpg

Last edited:

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
On Android it is a pain to Navigate the cursor if want to edit text. Latest SwiftKey update now has Cursor Control, something I first saw on Google Keyboard. The SwiftKey Cursor Control however can also move up and down paragraphs and lines of text.

If you used the Beta version, you probably had it for a month already. I requested this feature in 2018, and I am sure many others have also, and SwiftKey finally sent me a reply to a 2 year old request that I must go check it out.

Update to the latest SwiftKey.
Go to Settings > Typing
Switch on Cursor Control.
Hold your finger on spacebar for a couple of milliseconds.
I always had the arrow keys on

RedViking

Nord of the South
I always had the arrow keys on
Yeah , I used too, but it takes up screen space and I used to accidental hit it. Once you've used the function on Gboard it just made sense for Swiftkey to implement something similar.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
same here, but on my Huawei cant load Gboard so I am stuck with Switfkey.

Hmm.

I have Gboard running perfectly on my non-GMS Huawei lol.

Also been a fan on Gboard on iOS since Apple allowed 3rd party keyboards years ago.

cpu.

Expert Member
Each to their own but for me it's GBoard or GTFO everyday of the week & incl public holidays.
You are welcome to your substandard suggestions. :)

Swiftkey complete addresses (incl email) better than Gboard. It also understand mistypes better than Gboard (my suggestions are often empty as it don't do numbers well).
Word suggestions in general is also better on Swiftkey.

Edit: forward slash, last I checked, is also hidden away and not on the long press keys.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
You are welcome to your substandard suggestions. :)

Swiftkey complete addresses (incl email) better than Gboard. It also understand mistypes better than Gboard (my suggestions are often empty as it don't do numbers well).
Word suggestions in general is also better on Swiftkey.

Edit: forward slash, last I check is also hidden away and not on the long press keys.
Gboard is installed by default.

MeestaR

Expert Member
Been using Hackers keyboard for years. Has arrow keys on landscape mode and tab button (Mostly SSHing into my linux box using my phone)

sandwitch

I used to use Swiftkey. It was OK but buggy. But since Microsoft took it over it's even buggier. Samsung's native keyboard replaces text better than Swiftkey but it's just as bad.
The predictive text on both apps is terrible.

upup

Executive Member
I used to use Swiftkey. It was OK but buggy. But since Microsoft took it over it's even buggier. Samsung's native keyboard replaces text better than Swiftkey but it's just as bad.
The predictive text on both apps is terrible.
I came here to say that Microsoft have done it again, mess up something, my predictions are getting worse.