System Administrator - Undeliverable

Marianne Pearce

Please enlighten me... why do I so often on a daily basis receive so many of these that i then have to resend???

1614595164691.png

My account is up to date.

scudsucker

Executive Member
Do the emails succeed when you resend them? Or do they fail again?

As @WAslayer says, this is not Vodacom support but I'd bet that the problem is also not a Vodacom thing

Marianne Pearce

Do the emails succeed when you resend them? Or do they fail again?

As @WAslayer says, this is not Vodacom support but I'd bet that the problem is also not a Vodacom thing
Huge apology... I googled for support and this solution came up :( Thanks for the explanation. It usually goes through when I resend.

scudsucker

Executive Member
"System Administrator - Undeliverable" can happen for a large number of reasons, eg, invalid email address, or - in my opinion - given I am not a Windows admin - a connection error.

I see the spread of times is quite wide - 08:27, 12:17. Are there any other symptoms that you see at the same time as the emails fail? Do they tend to fail around the same times of the day or is it random? And, most important, can you browse the internet at the same time or immediately after you see a failed email?

Are you able to send an email to your own address?

I'll go with a guess at connectivity problems, which I suppose would be Vodacom

Marianne Pearce

"System Administrator - Undeliverable" can happen for a large number of reasons, eg, invalid email address, or - in my opinion - given I am not a Windows admin - a connection error.

I see the spread of times is quite wide - 08:27, 12:17. Are there any other symptoms that you see at the same time as the emails fail? Do they tend to fail around the same times of the day or is it random? And, most important, can you browse the internet at the same time or immediately after you see a failed email?

Are you able to send an email to your own address?

I'll go with a guess at connectivity problems, which I suppose would be Vodacom
It's mostly early morning, however sometimes like today any time. Technical division at Vodacom resets whatever alas, it still happens. No stres, we are getiing fibre soon in my area... believe that will sort this irritating issue. I'll see next time if I can browse. Appreciate your assistance greatly.

WAslayer

Executive Member
If you open one of those emails, it will contain an error message that details why this happens.. based on that error message, you can work with the relevant parties to resolve the issue..

RedViking

Nord of the South
Huge apology... I googled for support and this solution came up :( Thanks for the explanation. It usually goes through when I resend.
Welcome to mybroadband. Im sure someone will at least give some advice. This used to be/is a technical forum anyways.

scudsucker

Executive Member
If you open one of those emails, it will contain an error message that details why this happens.. based on that error message, you can work with the relevant parties to resolve the issue..
Sure, but the contents don't make much sense to people who are not in this field.

I get the impression @Marianne Pearce is not a software engineer...

WAslayer

Executive Member
Sure, but the contents don't make much sense to people who are not in this field.

I get the impression @Marianne Pearce is not a software engineer...

She may not be but, I am sure she is capable of relaying said information to us more informed people here, to help her further..

Does not take a software engineer or a rocket scientist to be able to do that..

And most software engineers would not know what's going on here either...

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
My guess, based on so little information.

I wonder if its a laptop thats sending the emails. When its on the office network it works via the ISPs SMTP server, when on a mobile network (or different mobile network). SMTP stops working (because now there is a different ISP).

This would explain the intermediate sending.

If the OP could let us know what SMTP server they are using, that would be useful. The actual error message would also be useful.

LOM

Honorary Master
Please enlighten me... why do I so often on a daily basis receive so many of these that i then have to resend???

View attachment 1028686

My account is up to date.
I've been seeing these on Outlook email addresses lately. The clue will be in the email itself. PM me with the details of what is in one of those auto responses and I may be able to help.