Tablets to make a comeback in 2018

Thor

Honorary Master
a 13" mac book Pro plugged into a 27" Screen sure

a 13" device as primary norravok

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
By that time the tablet market will fade into oblivion with phones that can morph into whatever you want them to be. M$ is working on running x86 apps on ARM via VM and Google is busy with Andromeda that will combine Chrome OS and Android then there's also Ubuntu with Unity 8 that will come to fruition with Ubuntu 17.04 coming in April next year.

sajunky

Honorary Master
They give no reason for their wishes.

It is a marketting campain from Microsoft, they think they have a product. Expect more crap and pushing for tablets in the next few months.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
The tablet is a great device! I find my one ( even though most of the functionality no longer works) very useful. I use it every day!.

I cannot see the logic of a phone trying to become a larger display device at all.

biometrics

Honorary Master
I only use mine in bed. It's a 2013 Nexus and won't need replacing for years. Don't see why the market would improve.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
I'm all for them (iPads). Prove incredibly invaluable & they get extensive use often on a daily basis.

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
a 13" mac book Pro plugged into a 27" Screen sure

a 13" device as primary norravok

We have a couple of surface pro's in the office, they get used docked with a normal keyboard, mouse and monitor most of the time and perform *very* well for such tiny devices.

sajunky

Honorary Master
We have a couple of surface pro's in the office, they get used docked with a normal keyboard, mouse and monitor most of the time and perform *very* well for such tiny devices.
Oh, yeh, Surface Pro is going to make comeback in 2018. .LOL.

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
Oh, yeh, Surface Pro is going to make comeback in 2018. .LOL.

I didnt say anything about them making a comeback, I pointed out that they do the same job as a 13" macbook plugged into a screen.

skimread

Honorary Master
Phones are getting bigger because bevels are getting smaller. Laptops are also getting smaller and you are starting to get dual tablet laptops like the Microsoft Surfacebook.

If you ask me tablets are dying out. Tablets are going to become a niche thing used by kids between 4 and 10 as their first experience to computers

Thor

Honorary Master
I would expect them to perform better than very well with a price tag of 40k

Lupus

Honorary Master
In actually hope they they would, but I also wish android oems would release regular updates, my 2013 Xperia tab hasn't had an update in two years. It still functions really well

biometrics

Honorary Master
In actually hope they they would, but I also wish android oems would release regular updates, my 2013 Xperia tab hasn't had an update in two years. It still functions really well
My 2013 Nexus 7 gets regular updates to the point of being annoying. ;)