Takealot Third Party Problems.

Ddlan

Have anyone had problems with third party sellers on Takealot? The seller doesn't even communicate with Takealot, I'm trying to return a product.
Any advice?

Zoomzoom

Executive Member
without specific legal knowledge on the matter but if you paid takealot and takealot sold you the product takealot must be responsible for the return and refund.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Takealot handled mine but the overall experiance was shoddy.

1. Ordered a item, was scheduled and delivered as per normal.
2. Opened the box, wrong item.
3. Placed a collection return with detail to please swop for correct item
4. Courier picked up item within 2 days and delivered back at takealot
5. Heres where it went pear shaped. Someone altered my return to a credit.
6. I then requested the correct item and fought the credit as the item was still listed on the website. Takealot said they don't keep stock as it was a third party item, I told them surely they can do the same as when ordering and request the item from the supplier?
7. They said order it again, however I contested the fact that I would now have to pay a second delivery charge.
8. After much back and forth, I managed to order the item and they waived the delivery. Since then, the item has now been removed from the store and my order is siting in limbo , supposedly waiting till the 4th to ship.

Very bad experience.

Ecco

Executive Member
I didnt have an issue with the returns part, however the product as listed on the site by the third party listed features which were not present in the product I bought.

It was a game controller, product was advertised as being usb rechargeable, what was delivered required batteries. Some other features were missing, cant remember.

The returns part was fairly easy - i did have to fill out a form highlighting the differences

Ddlan

Takealot handled mine but the overall experiance was shoddy.

1. Ordered a item, was scheduled and delivered as per normal.
2. Opened the box, wrong item.
3. Placed a collection return with detail to please swop for correct item
4. Courier picked up item within 2 days and delivered back at takealot
5. Heres where it went pear shaped. Someone altered my return to a credit.
6. I then requested the correct item and fought the credit as the item was still listed on the website. Takealot said they don't keep stock as it was a third party item, I told them surely they can do the same as when ordering and request the item from the supplier?
7. They said order it again, however I contested the fact that I would now have to pay a second delivery charge.
8. After much back and forth, I managed to order the item and they waived the delivery. Since then, the item has now been removed from the store and my order is siting in limbo , supposedly waiting till the 4th to ship.

Very bad experience.
Do you have the name of the Third Party seller?

bromster

Executive Member
This is always a sticking point for me too. Takealot is not interested in any warranty longer than 6 months. My mom fought for weeks to get her Fitbit strap fixed.

Also, as a seller it is tough. The returns system is very basic and allows no direct, fast interaction between seller and Takealot. You just receive an email from someone at TA demanding that you reply within 12 or 24 hours before they suspend your account.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Toy Kingdom

The item has shipped though , will see if its correct when it arrives tomorrow.

And hey guess what, they shipped me back the same incorrect item again. Now I have to go through the joy of forcing them to refund back into my account, I don't want a credit. :mad: Useless

Minca

Can anyone assist me how to escalate my problem, or forward to relevant escalation/legal:
Order no: 76512657
I ordered 2 x 75ml perfume bottles for R1300. This is exactly what was advertised. I received 30ml bottles for R1300. This is not what was advertised, and not what I ordered. I returned the 30ml bottles, wrapping and seal intact, and requested the correct 75ml bottles as advertised.
Over 30 emails and at least 10 phone calls, they now refuse to deliver the correct product, claiming that they made an error on their advert. They have subsequently changed the 75ml price on the website, but I have copies of the advert, the order, the delivery and the return. I believe Im entitled to receive the product as advertised and paid for in the terms of a legal contract.
I have escalated to SA consumer complaints:
http://www.saconsumercomplaints.co.za/contact/I
Anyone have any idea how to take this further? Radio 702? Carte Blanche? HelloPeter?
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Takealot.zip
    926.3 KB · Views: 4

Splinter

Honorary Master
Can anyone assist me how to escalate my problem, or forward to relevant escalation/legal:
Order no: 76512657
I ordered 2 x 75ml perfume bottles for R1300. This is exactly what was advertised. I received 30ml bottles for R1300. This is not what was advertised, and not what I ordered. I returned the 30ml bottles, wrapping and seal intact, and requested the correct 75ml bottles as advertised.
Over 30 emails and at least 10 phone calls, they now refuse to deliver the correct product, claiming that they made an error on their advert. They have subsequently changed the 75ml price on the website, but I have copies of the advert, the order, the delivery and the return. I believe Im entitled to receive the product as advertised and paid for in the terms of a legal contract.
Anyone have any idea how to take this further? Radio 702? Carte Blanche? HelloPeter?
Thank you in advance.

So you got your money back, and now are trying to force them to give you something at a price that was an admitted error?

Minca

Can anyone assist me how to escalate my problem:
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Takealot.zip
    926.3 KB · Views: 0

Minca

So you got your money back, and now are trying to force them to give you something at a price that was an admitted error?
No, got nothing back. Only automated replies and getting fobbed off with " We'll get back to you" on several phonecalls.

chickenbeef

Executive Member
Thank you in advance.

Conclusion of sales and availability of stock
  1. Registered users may place orders for Goods, which Takealot or the Third Party Seller may accept or reject. Whether or not Takealot or the Third Party Seller accepts an order depends on the availability of Goods, correctness of the information relating to the Goods (including without limitation the price) and receipt of payment or payment authorisation by Takealot for the Goods.

Good luck.

Eti1

Expert Member
Thank you in advance.
"I believe Im entitled"

No.