Talking Points a bad joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniMo

The Vodacom4me service to redeem talking points has not worked for more than a year, the whole site is actually useless, as there are many functions not working or being very erratic in availability.

So, after trying very now and then for at least a year eventually I go to the trouble of using the USSD/*111# service and readily get confirmation about the points having been redeemed.

So far so cool, only when I check the balance and the call rate charged a few hours later, all still the same...

So, I do the whole thing again and check my balances the following day - same difference, nothing!!!!

BUT, since trying to redeem the talking points I have received 2 identical SMS's from Vodacom, inviting me to redeem my talking points for a special offer on SMS's.

And why still no word on converting/redeeming the talking points for data bundles - it is just pathetic that over all this time now response has been given to clients and involved parties' queries -like V3G, per example.

vodacom3g

Vodacom Representative
The Vodacom4me service to redeem talking points has not worked for more than a year, the whole site is actually useless, as there are many functions not working or being very erratic in availability.

So, after trying very now and then for at least a year eventually I go to the trouble of using the USSD/*111# service and readily get confirmation about the points having been redeemed.

So far so cool, only when I check the balance and the call rate charged a few hours later, all still the same...

So, I do the whole thing again and check my balances the following day - same difference, nothing!!!!

BUT, since trying to redeem the talking points I have received 2 identical SMS's from Vodacom, inviting me to redeem my talking points for a special offer on SMS's.

And why still no word on converting/redeeming the talking points for data bundles - it is just pathetic that over all this time now response has been given to clients and involved parties' queries -like V3G, per example.

:confused: explain, won't you?

OmniMo

Explaining reference to V3G

Hi there, the reference was to your inquiries re this to Vodacom management, as mentioned by you in a few earlier threads and the feedback you gave us, that you were told there is something in the pipeline.

This is some months ago if I remember correctly, and as I have it nothing has happened?

So, I was not critical of you, but of Vodacom itself.

Colin62

Executive Member
If you're reffereing to the earlier threads, why not re-open that thread and post the question there, at least everyone reading will have the previous posts right there that way.

R13...

Honorary Master
must say the OP has not done a very good job of explaining his problem in this case. it would be hard for anyone to understand what his issue is - he had problems with the vodacom4me site (waited a year to try *111#), and then he is unhappy that some promise V3G made had not materialised:confused:

OmniMo

Wow, this sounds like Monday Blues - hey, it's very simple:

Their V4me site is halfway down and totally screwed when it come to redeeming talking points, now it turns out the USSD service is also not functioning and lastly I am saying it is pathetic for them to not have resolved - yes or no - and communicated as to whether talking points will become redeemable for data bundles. And nothing personal against V3G.

So, chill already Grumpies:)

Keeper

Honorary Master
Why not chill yourself, Whiner :)

hey im waiting for this too - every month i'm flushing points down the toilet - why? because they NEED to expire. yes....why i'm not sure.

Why don't I spend it on sms / pay less per call? because it's my Modems SIM, i don't call/sms on it and i was told that the changing points to data system was "immenent".

Why the fsck do the points need to expire? :confused:

I find it unfair as i'm forking out 100's of rands on 2 SIMS now, yet my points are useless. I buy about 2 x R389 Bundles per month!

OmniMo

OK, sorry - I am a 'Cheeky Whiner' and the Vodacom Talking Points offering and service is perfect, just perfect.

Yeah right!

BTW - No further interest from me in carrying on in this vein, so rather go somewhere else to be grumpy and full of it.

Antonf

Expert Member
My housekeeper has asked me to redeem her points for discounted calls. I've tried a number of times on v4me, and I can confirm - IT CAN'T BE DONE!!

You select the award, confirm it, then get a response "Your request could not be processed. Please try again later by clicking on the exchange points tab." No idea how long "later" is...

Last edited:

Colin62

Executive Member
hey im waiting for this too - every month i'm flushing points down the toilet - why? because they NEED to expire. yes....why i'm not sure.

Why don't I spend it on sms / pay less per call? because it's my Modems SIM, i don't call/sms on it and i was told that the changing points to data system was "immenent".

I find it unfair as i'm forking out 100's of rands on 2 SIMS now, yet my points are useless. I buy about 2 x R389 Bundles per month!

I agree with you that not being able to use talking points for data is inconvenient, but personally I'd stop short of calling it "unfair", as that's the way it works and it's your choice to buy the product or not. Even so, I'm keen for Vodacom to implement databundles for talking points, because it'll save a little money from time to time.

The points need to expire as they are a liability for Vodacom, and to leave them around for ever and a day would incur financial risk. Also the expiration is there to tempt you into spending more, faster to get more points to buy more sms's or cheap crappy phones. It's not meant to be a big benefit to the customer, it's meant to encourage more purchases.

By the way, the reason I called the OP a whiner is that when I made a sane and lucid suggestion, I got labelled as grumpy. It was done tongue in cheek, but then I suppose when one is as incoherent as he is, it was bound to be mis-understood...

vodacom3g

Vodacom Representative
A few points:

- The non-functional 4me bit was escalated after this thread, so hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

- The redeem TP for data request was put in a long time ago and approved. But then it went into the queue with a gazillion other products.

About a week ago, it got 'fast-tracked'. I did mention it here at that time.

Last edited:

Sackboy

Executive Member

They expire in case someone actually earns enough to get something decent. A bit like the Voyager Miles.:p

Antonf

Expert Member
A few points:

- The non-functional 4me bit was escalated after this thread, so hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Why should it be fixed soon? If Vodacom stood to make a few bucks out of it, sure, it would have been fixed long ago. Since it will cost Vodacom a few cents, why bother? Guess that's why it is still not fixed! Maybe asking for it to be fixed through Hellopeter will prompt someone to fix the website.

- The redeem TP for data request was put in a long time ago and approved. But then it went into the queue with a gazillion other products.

About a week ago, it got 'fast-tracked'. I did mention it here at that time.

And?

Last edited:

Tegnik

I want to throw a party for everyone on MBB and give them lots of free alcohol. I want to see if it is actually possible to make someone in the MBB forums happy. Because these days it just seems like everyone wants to pick a fight about any crap they can come up with. Fighting for talking points is like giving your friend a slap because he gave you only one free beer... because it seems that you will not settle for ONE free beer. It must be THREE free beers... and the foam must be JUST right... and don't even dare to give me a WARM free beer... because I only drink PERFECT free beers. For God's sake...

Getafix

Expert Member
I want to throw a party for everyone on MBB and give them lots of free alcohol. I want to see if it is actually possible to make someone in the MBB forums happy. Because these days it just seems like everyone wants to pick a fight about any crap they can come up with. Fighting for talking points is like giving your friend a slap because he gave you only one free beer... because it seems that you will not settle for ONE free beer. It must be THREE free beers... and the foam must be JUST right... and don't even dare to give me a WARM free beer... because I only drink PERFECT free beers. For God's sake...

Sorry my friend.

If you promised me a beer be so kind and give it to me. Forget a perfect beer. Any beer in any condition will do.

Vodacom with it is "imminent" is just not good enough.

It is not just this instance. Consider their customer's overall experience and you are going to struggle to convince me to pity them.

Antonf

Expert Member

Thanks for the kind invitation. Unfortunately you omitted to include the date, time and venue for the party... I guess an update to the invitation is "imminent" (Vodacomspeak for you) Although I'm not particularly keen on beer, I won't insist on sauvignon blanc - don't want to sound ungrateful!

ic

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Due to the increasing immaturity and 'shoot the messenger attitude' from a few forumites, this thread is hereby closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.