Tapatalk

Iamnotageek

Expert Member
I see a lot of you okes use this app. What is it exactly? I see on Google Play it only has a rating of 4.1

I usually just save the MyBB URL to my phone's homescreen. Those who use it, please educate me.

Is it easier? Better? How's it better than just doing the above I mentioned.

Daruk

Honorary Master
It's a dedicated forum mobile app that lets you add more than just mybroadband. You can use one app for carbonate, mybb and a host of others. It also makes suggestions and lets you explore what's out there.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Really? You've been a member here since 2013 and you don't know what tapatalk is? Or the MyBB app for iOS and Android?

saor

Honorary Master
Tapatalk is a kak app but I still use it for mobile. The forum navigation works a lot smoother via an app than using a browser. Still prefer typing on desktop tho.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Tapatalk is a kak app but I still use it for mobile. The forum navigation works a lot smoother via an app than using a browser. Still prefer typing on desktop tho.
Agree, it is buggy and confusing to navigate the forum with. That said it adds a dimension you may not get from the web forum.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I see a lot of you okes use this app. What is it exactly? I see on Google Play it only has a rating of 4.1

I usually just save the MyBB URL to my phone's homescreen. Those who use it, please educate me.

Tapatalk allows you to quickly browse multiple forums and sends push notifications when anyone quotes, mentions or messages you. It's not a great app but it gets the job done. People use it because there's no alternative.

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
Agree, it is buggy and confusing to navigate the forum with. That said it adds a dimension you may not get from the web forum.
How is it confusing? And do you sit in front of your desktop PC while pressing F5 the entire time to see when someone needs your input.

The push notifications is the biggest selling point of the app.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
I don’t know how it can be confusing, it’s pretty straight forward and easy to move around :erm:

I’ve been using Tapatalk for years, and for me it’s great. To be fair, they’ve dropped the ball a few times with over zealous and unneeded changes to the UI, but you get used to it quick enough.

Iamnotageek

Expert Member
After reading the replies I think I'll give this one a pass and try out the MyBB app.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
I don’t know how it can be confusing, it’s pretty straight forward and easy to move around :erm:

I’ve been using Tapatalk for years, and for me it’s great. To be fair, they’ve dropped the ball a few times with over zealous and unneeded changes to the UI, but you get used to it quick enough.
The only thing confusing me is that people find it confusing. I've been using it for years and it's worked great all along. Saves me the hassle of dealing with shitty Web forums.

Let's be hones, most forum interfaces are 100%, functional, but they are KAK. They also usually loaded with adverts and dozens of tracking scripts. Mybb is the worst, those aholes are on some mission to be the site that causes the most seazures with those damned adverts.

I literally sit at my desk, in front of a computer and I will reply from TT.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
After reading the replies I think I'll give this one a pass and try out the MyBB app.
So you mean the 1 and only forum you ever interact with is that one? Hek you missing out on a hole wide world of not **** forums...

BTW, the only reason I found this is because TT highlited it for me as its on topic with discussions I interact with on other forums I belong too.

bratwurst

Expert Member
The only thing confusing me is that people find it confusing. I've been using it for years and it's worked great all along. Saves me the hassle of dealing with shitty Web forums.

Let's be hones, most forum interfaces are 100%, functional, but they are KAK. They also usually loaded with adverts and dozens of tracking scripts. Mybb is the worst, those aholes are on some mission to be the site that causes the most seazures with those damned adverts.

I literally sit at my desk, in front of a computer and I will reply from TT.
Agreed. The only time I'll load the forum up through the browser is if images dont show or there is an unsupported media link. Tapatalk also allows you to quickly open up the web link from within the thread.

I very much prefer browsing any forum via Tapatalk. Don't find it confusing at all.

marioat1

Expert Member

It's better in that you don't end up with banner ads all over the place, so lower mobile data usage.

cpu.

Expert Member
Another great feature is Participated and Subscribed threads. You swipe left and right between Unread, Subscribed, Participated and Messages (PM).

Edit: Remember to untick auto follow in the settings. If you interact with someone on the forum you follow them and get notified about their every move.