Tax hikes coming

Is there something we can do about it? I cannot ask my company to stop deducting tax so we can start to boycott them..

So what can we do?

easy ........ resign ...

your company never can deduct PAYE from your salary. :D

They can tax us all they like, but to be fair every taxpayer should get an additional vote for every 1K they pay each month. This means that if they increase it and I now pay 7K instead of 5K I will have 7 additional votes next time it is election.


DA will win next coming election ........... for sure .... ;)
 
Last edited:
I've said this before and will say it again, a third of our tax revenue is collected about equally from VAT, personal income tax and company/corporate tax. In SA, a small portion of the population basically funds the welfare of the majority. I'm personally paying close to the 50% effective tax after you take other taxes into account. Its just not worth it anymore to stay in SA. After all the tax collections and payments, i still don't get persoanl safety, don't get any health care benefits. Have to pay extra for transport when the electronic toll charges get implemented next year.

I personally don't mind paying tax as long as I will reap the benefits later on in the form of increased future tax bases, but looking at the amount of university drop outs, high school toy toyers and government wastages, the grass is definetley greener overseas.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X