Telkom Do Broadband NetGear DGN2200M reset by itself

fmr

On Tuesday morning (2013-10-22), my NetGear router, set up with WiFi, DDNS, and telkom do-broadband ADSL in my home network, was back to factory settings. Nobody physically touched the device. It was still working the night before, at 23h30. There were no power cuts.

The default WiFi AP which this router created, is something like "DO_nnnnnn", with public SSID and a random password. A few other networks with similar names appeared in my neighborhood.

Does Telkom have access to some/all settings on the routers which they distribute? Can they remotely reset a router? As far as I know, I had the TR-069 client disabled in the settings page.

What else could cause this? Did this happen to anyone else here?

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
This happened to me a few times, randomly. A few months later, the device died completely.

My guess is that the programmable memory starts failing.

fmr

My guess is that the programmable memory starts failing.
Strange. The device is brand new. Telkom gave us a new router after a few years of running Do-Broadband (started off with 1GB 384k, now at 5GB 1MBps). (The previous router still works perfectly, and is now an extra WiFi AP).

Antybubbs

I had this a couple of times too - but i have since gone to a cisco router. i suspect that it had something to do with the internal memory as it happend every now and again after a power cut.