Telkom fibre nightmare

elf_lord_ZC5

Expert Member
Happened to my friend. He switched from DSL to Fibre. But some technician made a stuffup on his line, and put the max speed as 2mbps and not 20mbps.

It took over 10 hours of calls to Telkom, and about 50 emails and 4 months to resolve.

The refused to refund him, even though they double billed him for both a 20mb line and a 2mb line. because of the technician fault. ie vumatel 20mb, but telkom 2mb. Cost R950 pm for 2mb effective speed which is what he got.
OUCH!!!

Only from Telkom. :(

Donavan_Aarons

From what I've read in the above comments, the best thing to do after you have cancelled your service with Hellkom is to go to your bank and cancel the stop order. Sorted Finished and Klaar. :)
Not quite. I have their legal team harassing me and black listing me etc after 4 years. The issue never goes away and the costs keep piling up..
On the second year I just gave up and payed them full amount + penalties etc etc and it still made absolutely no difference.. the saga continues

Jono_jt

Thank You My Broadband and to everyone above for commenting on the Great EVIL Tel-Kom!!
Im currently using Vox as my ISP and a VUUUUUUUUma-tel fiber line which is awesome! But i have to move at the end of this month and the area I'm heading to is OpenGREATevilSERVE only. Now when i hear Tel-kom I know they love being stupid and (FUP)! Now I hate FUP more than anything else! So looks like I'm going to have to let it RAIN for a while..... In the mean time can anyone tell me how to kick vumatel's head into fiber for the area I'm going to? Besides their website and area champ?

friedpiggy

Expert Member
My saga is weird. Canceled everything (line and ADSL) in May 2018. Took them until November 2018 to stop billing me. The line was shut off in June 2018 so that part went fine. Due to the continued bills that I paid for an extra month (I got confused as to when I should stop paying) I then had a R700 credit with them. Since November 2018, I have been trying to get my money back from them. I don't think its ever going to happen, but I have now turned it into a game. Have a police case number for fraud against them and every couple weeks I send them an email stating I will be opening another one should they not pay me. It gives me great joy.

Switched over to 123Net for fibre. My line is 50% faster than the ADSL was and uncapped/unshaped with no FUP and the service is so frikken outstanding its actually scary sometimes how quickly they resolve things.