Telkom fibre plans

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Telkom fibre plans

Telkom’s latest financial results revealed that the company’s ADSL, VDSL, and fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) subscriber base declined from 974,181 in September 2018 to 781,255 in September 2019.

While Telkom grew its high-speed fixed-broadband (FTTH and VDSL) subscriber base from 206,000 to 213,000, it was at a much slower pace than previous growth.

Apogee

I don't get it.

AFAIK mobile network base stations had fibre backhaul since the beginning, or more specifically the ones in densely populated areas. The rest had microwave.

Do they mean they are increasing the bandwidth?

Vis1/0N

Expert Member
They are more interested in killing (uncapped) ADSL and pushing those users onto capped LTE. Data runs out and needs to be topped up and money to be made. Fortunately they offer uncapped business hours LTE at a reasonable enough rate for now. More ARPU for them though.

Respawn

Telkom cancelled my connection after I migrated ISP 2 months ago which I specifically told them not to do at the time. When they told me it would take 20 days to reconnect I was so angry that I failed their security questions and now its 3 months before I can apply again over the phone, alternatively I can make a 500 km round trip and do it in a store. Can't wait until Telkom goes down.

• Wow
Reactions: Yuu