Telkom gets carrier billing for Google Play content store

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Telkom late in announcing their own news?

According to Telkom, no. They've had support for apps and books since August 2015.

Play Music only launched in December, and Movies only launched in February 2016.

-- http://mybroadband.co.za/news/internet/148817-google-play-music-launched-in-south-africa.html

-- http://mybroadband.co.za/news/internet/155577-google-movies-launched-in-south-africa.html

This announcement is about the content store (i.e. movies and music), as we have it.

Last edited:

BraBean

Honorary Master
I'm worried about the in app purchases, how easy is it for a toddler to buy stuff by accident?

deweyzeph

Executive Member
I'll rather stick with my credit card thanks. Telkom should stick to providing telecommunication services and leave the finance services to those who know what they're doing.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I'll rather stick with my credit card thanks. Telkom should stick to providing telecommunication services and leave the finance services to those who know what they're doing.

Used this the other day. I think it's awesome. (I have TM prepaid).

Just load up airtime for the app I want to buy, and buy it. And get 15% back in ebucks :D

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Used this the other day. I think it's awesome. (I have TM prepaid).

Just load up airtime for the app I want to buy, and buy it. And get 15% back in ebucks :D

I pay my Telkom account with my credit card anyway, so wouldn't make any sense for me. If you can't get a credit card then I guess it could be a good solution.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I pay my Telkom account with my credit card anyway, so wouldn't make any sense for me. If you can't get a credit card then I guess it could be a good solution.

Telkom don't ever see my credit card details, and that makes me happy :D

cavedog

Honorary Master
This is awesome. I saw that paying with Telkom airtime was available for music and movies which is really cool. You can get content for cheaper. Buy discounted airtime at pep and buy the content on play store. You also get the added benefit of recharge bonuses so if you on Telkom more price an you get the free airtime and content. Pretty decent.