Telkom Internet Capped/Uncapped User Feedback (Pt2)

@Ranger, any idea why it shows FUP1 is active for only 3.56GB of usage?
As far as I am aware, the Business 20mbps uncapped package has a 1800GB FUP (900GB being FUP1)
Does it take the previous months usage into consideration?

Untitled.jpg

@Ranger, any idea why it shows FUP1 is active for only 3.56GB of usage?
As far as I am aware, the Business 20mbps uncapped package has a 1800GB FUP (900GB being FUP1)
Does it take the previous months usage into consideration?

View attachment 493214
Hmm, there may still be a bug here.

I implemented this the month before I left. There were some issues on the first month-end, and I found and fixed all affected accounts, and implemented and tested a fix, but wasn't around for the next month-end to verify that it worked.

If you PM me your username, I will contact someone who is still there who will be able to check your account (and hopefully fix it and see if I missed something).

Hmm, there may still be a bug here.

I implemented this the month before I left. There were some issues on the first month-end, and I found and fixed all affected accounts, and implemented and tested a fix, but wasn't around for the next month-end to verify that it worked.

If you PM me your username, I will contact someone who is still there who will be able to check your account (and hopefully fix it and see if I missed something).
Thanks, for the reply, I just checked again, no FUP active now, maybe a display problem on the site, everything seems fine now.

Rohan

Telkom is billing me for a Business Uncapped 10mbps data bundle...that I did not apply for nor gave consent for. I have phoned them numerous times, gone to the Telkom store, emailed, talked to them on social media and STILL the account is active. I have no idea what else to do as Telkom is committing fraud. Anyone that can help?

Anyone in KZN noticing a slow down on Netflix between 7 to 10pm?
YouTube & DSTV runs at full line speed no issues there, only Netflix seems to be affected and battles to achieve even 1mbps.
Yet if I use my MWEB account, Netflix is fine. Latency also seems to rise a bit.

Just checking in.

Still having a great time on the Home Unlimited 20Mb package. I get some local exchange niggles every now and then, and those are very frustrating.

But hell, for the money I'm paying, this kind of service is much better than what I've had on other ISPs in recent times.

Just checking in.

Still having a great time on the Home Unlimited 20Mb package. I get some local exchange niggles every now and then, and those are very frustrating.

But hell, for the money I'm paying, this kind of service is much better than what I've had on other ISPs in recent times.
Telkom's service is great. Until there's a problem. Their customer service is shocking. On my way to a new ISP when they officially agree they overcharged me R2000+ for a service they refused to provide me with. Pretty bummed about that. unshapped, 900GB cap for R799 would've been nice. But at R2800/month, not so much.

Every other night, sometimes almost every night of the week, my internet cuts out 3-6 times or more for just a minute at a time. This happens anywhere between 22:00 and 00:00. It gets really frustrating, especially while watching a stream or during a round of CS:GO. My area is the Boksburg area of Gauteng. Anyone know why this is happening?

325i

anyone have any links to capped account prices from Telkom? Or do I have to buy a bundle? Want to keep month to month

Thinking of moving over to them due to the fact that I can use my ADSL data on a sim. currently sitting with 150GB remaining but due to cable theft unable to use it.

isie

Executive Member

cn@

Expert Member
Is it just me or is Telkom internet always sloooooooooow on a Sunday evening.

My speedtest shows the proper speed that I pay for but general streaming and download speeds are at a crawl. And it's like this every Sunday evening.

My speedtest shows the proper speed that I pay for but general streaming and download speeds are at a crawl. And it's like this every Sunday evening.
I dont suppose this is happening for you tonight... tuesday evening

Where? I did find it slower than usual this Sunday in the Western Cape.

When I was there, traffic graphs did always (for > 3 years) show that Sunday night 7-9 was the peak of the peak of traffic every week (except if the week included patch Wednesdays and IOS release days), so if there are capacity constraints they are most likely to cause slower speeds on a Sunday evening.