Telkom Internet Capped/Uncapped User Feedback (Pt2)

CrazYmonkeY159

Expert Member
Cancelled in Jan only after signing up in Jan. Now I'm ****ing waiting for my cancel period to go

MKFrost

Expert Member
Just a thanks to all the people involved on the social network side of Telkom for the quick and efficient service today.

Its a real pity that the people in your call centers cannot provide the same level of service.

Awesum

Expert Member
So should I cancel or hang on for a bit longer, hoping things get back to normal?

MickZA

Executive Member
So should I cancel or hang on for a bit longer, hoping things get back to normal?
TBH if you've been having TI problems since the first weekend in January and you don't have these hassles with another ISP you'd be crazy not to move.

I haven't had problems with TI during this period but I'm not into gaming or VOD, I do however torrent a lot and I'm just not seeing the problems others are reporting iro of speed. What makes the difference, luck of the draw? only doing 350GB/mth on 10MB Uncapped? I don't know :confused:

Awesum

Expert Member
I mostly use it for streaming and NZB's. Downloading hasnt been a problem but with streaming there have been good and bad days. More bad than good.
The thing is, if I move which ISP do I go to? I'm currently on 4Mbps uncapped and I do under 200GB/month.

digitalp

I havent really experienced many issues. I think Telkom is throttling streaming during peak periods because i cant explain why i will be having good pings and speedtest during peak hours but cant stream.

CataclysmZA

Executive Member
Streaming Youtube after-hours for me is still crap, game pings are still unnecessarily high, today a download from Opera just cancelled itself because of no throughput. MyBB is also slow.

All in all, my usage has dropped this month from an average of 100GB on a 4MB line to 34GB thus far in Feb.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
It's sort of okay, but wishy washy.

EU latency seems okay, but at night, it's now in the 300+ range, which is fairly useless (disclosure, I did PM the rep account to have this looked at, and they asked, yet again, for more tracerts and speedtests - I can't be arsed - I've sent them so much info already...).

I'm happy to send more information, but I first need it answered whether there is still an issue that's being worked on, as was mentioned about a decade ago?

MickZA

Executive Member
I mostly use it for streaming and NZB's. Downloading hasnt been a problem but with streaming there have been good and bad days. More bad than good.
The thing is, if I move which ISP do I go to? I'm currently on 4Mbps uncapped and I do under 200GB/month.
RoMark has moved to AH 4MB Uncapped and seems happy - maybe drop him a PM.

SHVAK

Okay for those to lazy to find original thread... Telkom Internet connections have gone pear shaped since beginning of January with some users report pings of over 600 to EU servers. Telkom have identified the problem, but for some reason do not as yet want to fix it. Sigh, so if you are still a Telkom ISP customer hold on, they are going to fix it SOON :wtf:
For the more sane people out their move on, cancel as fast as you can.
And yes I have cancelled but I am stuck being their customer till the end of the Month as per their cancellation policy.

quax

I am going to bugger off from them after next month. Apparently I have to have the account for at least 3 months in order to keep the router... I have had to purchase an extra capped account from Web Africa for the time being.

WiseCrack

Expert Member
I think the problem starts @ around 5pm. Then the **** really hits the fan and everything comes to a standstill except for usenet.