Telkom lit box update

Can someone please help. I updated my telkom lit box to android 8.0 and the dstv now app doesn't work anymore

AdrianH

Expert Member
Will the netflix TV app work as well then? When will. 38 be available?
Yes, and it is Netflix certified :) Also, Showmax and DSTV Now preinstalled.

It is already available. Just give it 30 minutes or so. Also, try rebooting. It will popup like other update did.

PS: Check out that thread I posted. Tons of info regarding LIT boxes and updated there.

JupN

Good day Deonste, any further information on the new update - are we still allowed to install apps from unknown sources or is that functionality now blocked?

AdrianH

Expert Member
Good day Deonste, any further information on the new update - are we still allowed to install apps from unknown sources or is that functionality now blocked?
You can. If you install ES File Manager, when you browse to an APK and launch it, at that point you give ES File Manager that permission. It seems like the unknown sources permission is now for an app, not system wide.

AdrianH

Expert Member
Hi Guys, the option to update firmware pops up but when it goes to install it keeps presenting me with an error...any ideas?
Do you have as card installed, if so Robbie like remove. Also, if you have download media or apps to your box, delete or uninstall. I actually just factory reset and then waited for update to popup.

gary.meyer

Hi All
Still a newbie at all this stuff
My LIT box did a update all by its self all I had to do was redo all my log in details and now Netflix working like a charm have as yet to try all my apps as found on my TV Fire Stick(H96Pro Amlogig S912) connected to main TV, I subscribe to "Troypoint" and many posting of App upgrades are presented in its forum and so far it has been a great help to me, so next test is to see if I can get all my Apps that are on my Fire Stick to work on my LIT box
Just to mention I am on a 10Mb line from Telkom and so fare holding thumbs the line has been good for the last year(no fiber in my area yet)

AdrianH

Expert Member
Hi All...So I have a A11 media box, I've done a factory reset...and updated (I think) but still Netflix wont work.
You need to actually do 2 updates. Both will popup and prompt you. 2nd update might only popup a few hours after first is completed. Latest version is .38, you can check in settings - about

You need to actually do 2 updates. Both will popup and prompt you. 2nd update might only popup a few hours after first is completed. Latest version is .38, you can check in settings - about
Hi AdrianH, for some reason I have not received the update screen. Is there anyway to force the update? or download the firmware file...I searched online but nothing