Telkom mobile fights back

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Telkom mobile fights back

Telkom recently published its financial results for the year ended 31 March 2019, showing impressive mobile subscriber and revenue growth.

This stands in stark contrast to competing mobile operators

Dups!

Well done, Telkom. I have been debating when to port my Cell C number over to them. My only concern is the network coverage despite their roaming agreement.

Too many people have mentioned how poor it is. I also had a rather poor experience with them with an ex of mine Las year who always had a terrible connection over the phone and online.

marine1

Honorary Master
I have both in my Samsung S10 and Telkom kills Cell C, completely, Cell C is failing at a massive rate.

Daily Data

Wow that is some serious growth! Looks like they well may be a serious contender on the up

cavedog

Honorary Master
Well done, Telkom. I have been debating when to port my Cell C number over to them. My only concern is the network coverage despite their roaming agreement.

Too many people have mentioned how poor it is. I also had a rather poor experience with them with an ex of mine Las year who always had a terrible connection over the phone and online.
Been using Vodacom mainly because of my contract but tried Telkom for a month and this month Cellc. I'm already frustrated. Cellc network is horrible like 3Mbps on LTE-A. The only good thing they have is wifi calling because then calling actually works otherwise the call gets dropped or you can hear what the other person says because it breaks up that much.

ThinkCentre

Expert Member
Great to see Vodacom's figures growing irrespective of what people say!

Dups!

Been using Vodacom mainly because of my contract but tried Telkom for a month and this month Cellc. I'm already frustrated. Cellc network is horrible like 3Mbps on LTE-A. The only good thing they have is wifi calling because then calling actually works otherwise the call gets dropped or you can hear what the other person says because it breaks up that much.
I agree on Cell C, however, I need to test Telkom cause I was not impressed the last time, especially, when I was talking with my ex. Whatsapp and online services were not that much better either.

A colleague of mine is on Telkom and he is not that impressed. I actually have both Vodacom and MTN as my main lines, Cell C is just back up (which is pretty much useless considering how much it fails).

cavedog

Honorary Master
I agree on Cell C, however, I need to test Telkom cause I was not impressed the last time, especially, when I was talking with my ex. Whatsapp and online services were not that much better either.

A colleague of mine is on Telkom and he is not that impressed. I actually have both Vodacom and MTN as my main lines, Cell C is just back up (which is pretty much useless considering how much it fails).
Well I guess it depends on your device. Having a Samsung S10 helps because it supports each and every band and LTE-A combo so with Telkom I see 4G+ in the cities non stop and speeds are way faster than Cellc. I have to wait it out with Cellc now for about a month or until my bundles are finished then I'm probably moving back to Vodacom or Telkom as my main network.