Telkom Uncapped SmartBroadband Wireless

NdumisoSizwe

So i'm thinking of getting this deal from telkom. I wanna get into this 24 month contract that comes with the Huawei LTE WiFi Router along with SIM and device insurance. The data options go up to 100GB + 100GB night surfer for R999 pm. But i want the Uncapped one, they told me its R899 pm (used to be 799)

What i need to know is, after i have reached my monthly fair usage (which the person at telkom told me its 50GB) what will my Download speed be after they've restricted my speeds ? She couldn't give me a precise answer, she just said "Im not sure, it depends on a number of factors but typically it would be around 800kbps". So if anyone has ever used it, or has it at home right now, I need to know it in MB/s (The transfer rate), u know a rough estimate of how long will it take me to download a 10GB file ? And how long will it take me to download the same size file in Normal(max) speeds with this device ? Im using Internet Download Manager. I download a lot, i stream a lot, and play games a lot.

I am at Empire Road, Parktown, Johannesburg. When i checked my coverage i found that my area was covered. I've seen a lot of people complaining on forums about Bandwith throttling on any Uncapped Telkom deal. Where else can i go to get the same deal besides Telkom then ? If this deal is so bad.

Need advice, don't wanna regret this down the line.

falcon786

Executive Member
What i need to know is, after i have reached my monthly fair usage (which the person at telkom told me its 50GB
As usual the sales people are clueless,the limit is around 300gb,which is plenty IMO.

I have a 20mbps VDSL line and my family streams HD quite a bit,we use about 150gb of data a month.

What I do suggest you do though is buy a telkom mobile prepaid simcard and load a GB data bundle on it and do some proper testing at your house BEFORE you take out this deal since that's the only way of establishing true speeds you can achieve.

Kazuya

As usual the sales people are clueless,the limit is around 300gb,which is plenty IMO.

I have a 20mbps VDSL line and my family streams HD quite a bit,we use about 150gb of data a month.

What I do suggest you do though is buy a telkom mobile prepaid simcard and load a GB data bundle on it and do some proper testing at your house BEFORE you take out this deal since that's the only way of establishing true speeds you can achieve.
Well its 350gb for me and to be honest I have never actually noticed any deference once I reached the capp.
For coverage in your hood follow the below link
https://secure.telkom.co.za/today/shop/futurehood/

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
Are you talking about uncapped LTE? And not the other uncapped offering.

So i'm thinking of getting this deal from telkom. I wanna get into this 24 month contract that comes with the Huawei LTE WiFi Router along with SIM and device insurance. The data options go up to 100GB + 100GB night surfer for R999 pm. But i want the Uncapped one, they told me its R899 pm (used to be 799)

What i need to know is, after i have reached my monthly fair usage (which the person at telkom told me its 50GB) what will my Download speed be after they've restricted my speeds ? She couldn't give me a precise answer, she just said "Im not sure, it depends on a number of factors but typically it would be around 800kbps". So if anyone has ever used it, or has it at home right now, I need to know it in MB/s (The transfer rate), u know a rough estimate of how long will it take me to download a 10GB file ? And how long will it take me to download the same size file in Normal(max) speeds with this device ? Im using Internet Download Manager. I download a lot, i stream a lot, and play games a lot.

I am at Empire Road, Parktown, Johannesburg. When i checked my coverage i found that my area was covered. I've seen a lot of people complaining on forums about Bandwith throttling on any Uncapped Telkom deal. Where else can i go to get the same deal besides Telkom then ? If this deal is so bad.

Need advice, don't wanna regret this down the line.
you must remember one thing! "Contention" And capacity of the tower near you :) if you get more than 1 megabyte or 5 megabytes and it drops to less than 1 megabyte dont cry or bitch bout it