TelkomSA VoWifi Issues

rudderz243

Hey everyone, I apologize if this has been asked a thousand times, but I am having issues with Telkom and my Wifi Calling service.

I had a Huawei P8 Lite on Vodacom, and my VoWiFi and VoLTE worked perfectly. I then switched to TelkomSA, and both services continued working perfectly.

Everything went downhill when I switched to my iPhone 6S. The option for Wifi Calling just doesn't appear with the Telkom SIM. For curiosity sake, I tried my old Vodacom SIM in the phone, and Wifi Calling worked perfectly.

I tried Googling around, and I got loads of mixed answers. Some told me the iPhone 6S isn't supported for Wifi Calling, which I don't understand since it works perfectly on Vodacom, and others said that Telkom doesn't support Wifi Calling on prepaid customers, which I also don't understand since it worked perfectly on my old phone.

Any help would be appreciated, and I can provide more info if needed.

rudderz243

The fact that you had VoLTE and VoWIFI working is news to me.

Telkom pushed updates to their routers B525 and B618 to enable VoLTE. I have a Samsung S10,S8 and a Huawei P30 lite and NEVER saw VoWIFI or VoLTE.
I guess I just happened to get lucky to have it work for a while. Thanks for the input though, just glad I'm not the only one with issues.

Here's to hoping something gets done, but for now it's a long wait. Their tech support line don't even know what it is, and referred me to the Apple store which for obvious reasons won't help.

Cheers

grantduke

Lucky you got VoLTE and VoWiFi working. Had a live chat session with Telkom and got told to visit a Telkom store to have it activated.

Went there and well, they didn't have a clue really (https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/telkom-volte-vowifi.1047881/)

Really wish they could get their act together and get this working for everyone. Telkom signal is quite bad in my office, but we've got wifi

Sayf777

Please tell me how you did it? Did you need to activate anything in store?
It's still working.
No, I escalated it multiple times over at least 2-3 months until one day it worked. The last time I escalated my escalation it was left open for quite a while, when I saw it was working I quickly phoned and told them to mark the case as closed.