That time of year again..

Kuga

Expert Member
To get a new contract and phone.

I'm only gonna pick an HTC phone. Question is which one? Currently I have the Diamond Touch.

Looking at the HTC Hero, HD2, Dream, Touch Pro 2.

Which would you pick and why?

DJNgoma

Expert Member
From the specs this is how I would rank them.
HD2, Hero, Touch Pro 2, Dream. IMO I would narrow it down to the HD2 and the Hero.

Izak Eloff

Hero for sure!! Because it's got Android and Hero rather than Dream because the camera is better and it's got more Ram and bigger ROM. Oh yes did I mention it's a beauty!

If you like WinMo the HD2's hardware is a win. But for fun, applications and usability take the Hero in your hand you'll never look back. I can recommend it to anyone!!

iDenTiTy

Expert Member
If it's ultimately between the HD2 and Hero then you ultimately choosing the Operating Systems.

Windows Mobile is old. While it may be the experienced soldier, it is fighting a losing battle..
The HD2 is WM's (windows Mobile) best hope, in Microsoft's battle with it's largest adversaries. Apple and Google.

However, the HD2 has got increadible specs. No doubt.
The Hero has got a refreshing operating system and UI. No doubt.

If you have nothing against WM, and (heaven forbid) like it, take the HD2. Even if it doesn't fit your face.

If you are intruiged by an open system (HTC released the sourcecode, Android SDK available freely) and the apps you could create, then by all means the Hero.

I really, really like both. Alot.
I decided on the Hero for the following;

1) HD2 is awesome. But I hate WM. My friends had WM phones, and they didn't like it either.
2) Though not as powerful, the Hero isn't crippled by WM. I like Android and the Rosie UI.
3) The Hero is cheaper. By alot.

However, since you already had a WM phone, you must like it (I assume).
If you have the cash, go for the HD2.
If you want something different, and cheaper, go for the Hero.

Either way, you won't be disappointed.
:)

Kuga

Expert Member
Thanks for everyone's advice.

Think I'll go for the Hero. On a side note, what is the best spec'd HTC phone running Android? Read up some reviews on it and it looks pretty damn interesting.

kvi

Expert Member
dude wise move on the hero.... ive had a couple wm htc phones and iphones and ive been now on hero for couple months already . best phone ever

yeah hero is still best specd android on market here in SA. when\if the motorola milestone gets here it will be slightly better, but then htc has magic new androids lined up for next year already

Asha'man X

Expert Member
If you want a nice qwerty keyboard with the phone, the Touch Pro 2 is a very good phone. It took me a while to adjust from the simple Nokia keypad, but now I love the speed and power of the keyboard.

Also, Windows Mobile may be old, but it has a ton of applications around, just not all in one marketplace yet.

Izak Eloff

I recon we will see the Nexus and Bravo only middle of 2010 maybe... The SP's will need to test and that will take another month or 3 from international release dates.

Gradius

Expert Member
Kuge, does it really matter?
What do u need in the phone?
Touch 3G is more than enough for anyone to handle.
All those extra gagets are just BS time wasters :mad:

DJNgoma

Expert Member
Checked the HD2 in the Leaf store at Cedar Square, and for a Windows Mobile phone it was way faster than the Hero because of the Snapdragon of course and WM 6.5 ain't that bad with the Sense UI and the phone's massive screen. Would it be too late to reconsider :D?

iDenTiTy

Expert Member
Checked the HD2 in the Leaf store at Cedar Square, and for a Windows Mobile phone it was way faster than the Hero because of the Snapdragon of course and WM 6.5 ain't that bad with the Sense UI and the phone's massive screen. Would it be too late to reconsider :D?
Nope.

Choose the phone that, all things considered, fits the best.
:)

Kuga

Expert Member
Kuge, does it really matter?
What do u need in the phone?
Touch 3G is more than enough for anyone to handle.
All those extra gagets are just BS time wasters :mad:
Not really no.

I just like my phone to have extra gadgets. And after my Diamond Touch, I'll stick with HTC.

Awesome. Nah it's not too late to reconsider. Heh. I actually don't mind running WM.

Last edited: