The Alfa Romeo Giulia Thread

bandooq

Expert Member
Yeah? The feeling of "That car is beautiful, and I'm not going to be able to afford it?"
Um ya that and if I had that kind of dough available, I'd prefer getting a 2nd property.

Drifter

Honorary Master
I would almost risk the Alpha unreliability and drive one of these.

Quantum Theory

Executive Member
So, two links with similar reviews. Only interior quality is moaned about, but I've been in a MiTo and a Giulietta... They were nice inside. This will supposedly be better. Still think this will be my next car... Obviously the more mundane model.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Try not to correct "Alpha" or you will be called a "dick" by some people

Quantum Theory

Executive Member
Try not to correct "Alpha" or you will be called a "dick" by some people
Well, if you're going to make a joke about their reliability, like people did in the 90's... you better spell the name of the car correctly, otherwise I will make a joke about your credibility :) Just kidding Drifter, but things really have changed.

Also, as an ex FCA owner, I have to say that the service experience at Century City was outstanding.

ahoudet

Expert Member
My Alfa never left me stranded in the year I owned it :). Things have improved since the 156 I had anyway

sox63

Executive Member
I would almost risk the Alpha unreliability and drive one of these.
I had a Giulietta QV and never had a problem in 70 000km. I am definitely getting a Giulia, but sadly not the QV can't afford that one yet

XennoX

Expert Member
I had a Giulietta QV and never had a problem in 70 000km. I am definitely getting a Giulia, but sadly not the QV can't afford that one yet
Lucky for me my GQV has another 3 years to pay off. Hopefully the Giulia QV depreciates like mad in 3 years time. :D

dlk001

Executive Member
The Alfa Romeo Giulia Is Off To A Rough Start

Some first-drive reviews in Europe reveal stereotypically Alfa-esque problems that don’t exactly inspire confidence. Alfa Romeo seems like a stuck record, its needle unable to play past a reputation for poor quality.

One Giulia was wheeled off like an A&E casualty after the infotainment system failed. Another I drove had an engine warning light screaming for attention from the instrument binnacle, and the cruise control refused to switch on.

A third car tested suffered a frozen infotainment system, which could only be brought back to life by stopping the car and switching the ignition off and back on, and at times some air vents stopped blowing air whilst others continued. One colleague suffered jammed parking sensors, so they drove around with the car going “beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep”.

Granted, the cars on this launch were likely pre-production models, which often do not have 100 percent perfect and finalized electronics, gearbox calibration or fit and finish. But even these issues seem a bit extreme for a press test. It’s not really an example of Alfa Romeo putting its best foot forward to journalists

http://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/first-drive-review-2016-alfa-romeo-giulia-2/?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-FBPAGE-_-SundayTimesDriving-_-20160516-_-Driving-_-470274143-_-Imageandlink&linkId=24540857

dlk001

Executive Member
Hopefully these are isolated issues to be fixed before production versions.

Drifter

Honorary Master