The Audi Thread

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
lol - ye.

Going to get more interesting. They are struggling to find the fault on my A5 so they keeping it overnight - and maybe the weekend. They need the Q5 back tomorrow as it has been sold so they sending a driver to swap the A5 with another Audi. Probably an A4 this time.

The technical manager even joked with me asking if there is any Audi I have not driven yet and would I have a preference. Told him an RS5 would be a good loan car - sigh - and he just laughed. Guess that was a "no fkn way man" response ):

Why not a TTS/TTRS? Could be fun. :)

Dolby

Honorary Master
Still no word regarding your query?

I updated here :) http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/634130-Premature-Clutch-Failure?highlight=clutch

On recommendation on another forum member, I took the car through to Audi Rivonia who were quite happy to test drive the car and diagnose the issue. After 5km he told me what he thought (gear synchro) and the pedal was a relatively minor issue with either grease required or something else small. In short - it wasn't the clutch itself. We chatted afterwards and he answered all my questions on mechanics, no matter how trivial.

He booked the car in on the 1st September while he waited for the synchro parts, organized me a brand new little A1 S Tronic to drive in the meantime and called me again on the 4th September to fetch my car. I drove the car out and felt fantastic! Everything was covered under AWP as well.

It goes to show how an individual dealership can make or break a brand - and I see clearly why they win customer care awards year after year!

Pho3nix

The Legend
I updated here :) http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/634130-Premature-Clutch-Failure?highlight=clutch

On recommendation on another forum member, I took the car through to Audi Rivonia who were quite happy to test drive the car and diagnose the issue. After 5km he told me what he thought (gear synchro) and the pedal was a relatively minor issue with either grease required or something else small. In short - it wasn't the clutch itself. We chatted afterwards and he answered all my questions on mechanics, no matter how trivial.

He booked the car in on the 1st September while he waited for the synchro parts, organized me a brand new little A1 S Tronic to drive in the meantime and called me again on the 4th September to fetch my car. I drove the car out and felt fantastic! Everything was covered under AWP as well.

It goes to show how an individual dealership can make or break a brand - and I see clearly why they win customer care awards year after year!

Glad to hear you got sorted :)

Quantum Theory

Executive Member

Excellent!

Splinter

Honorary Master
There was a problem with the turbo's on the 206kW S3 and Golf R's. The replacement turbos produce 210kw and all new imports will be 210kw. If you buy a 206kw it should probably have had it's turbo replaced anyway to the newer version. Worth asking the question.

Awesome - thanks for the feedback! But that is very interesting indeed - I have been looking at Golf R's as well and none of them are quoted ay anything other than 206Kw's. And when I asked the Audi salesman as to the difference yesterday he didn't know either. Do you perhaps have a link as to this?

I wasn't being lazy - was at work. But found a few sites now where this is mentioned. My question is this though - all performance tests were done with the original turbo? So what is performance like with this new one?

AdrianH

Expert Member
Same mates talking about what they done to their cars with this racechip thing. They reckon a decent boost in performance and a saving in fuel. One mate (with a Fortuna) reckons be has dropped on average 1.5 to 1.8L per 100 kms. What do you guys make of this? Keen to do it to my A5 if it does work (and don't mess with the motor plan).

What was your decision on the racechip? They do seem to be a good product and offer increased performance, but I am also concerned about the warranty and motor plan. I read somewhere that Audi can't necessarily prove that you had a racehip installed, but the have the ability to see if the engine was performing outside the factory set variables and constraints. I don't know how true this is though?

ahoudet

Expert Member
What was your decision on the racechip? They do seem to be a good product and offer increased performance, but I am also concerned about the warranty and motor plan. I read somewhere that Audi can't necessarily prove that you had a racehip installed, but the have the ability to see if the engine was performing outside the factory set variables and constraints. I don't know how true this is though?
What are the chances of them actually checking how your car is performing?

AdrianH

Expert Member

What are the chances of them actually checking how your car is performing?

I doubt they check the performance, but I am concerned that when they plug the car into the diagnostics computer, some report/warning gets spat out because certain values are outside the normal ranges.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Audi informed her the oil sensor was malfunctioning (and the engine had too much oil - due to all her adding, on THEIR instructions).

same story they kept telling my colleague with an A4 even though the oil just kept going in without a problem.

After numerous returns to the garage they eventually redid the whole motor conrods, Pistons the worms.

Now car is styling.

DominionZA

Executive Member
How plain...
Ya. Was a bit disappointed. They deliver to me and insure I have decent transport while they're working on my A5 so can't complain really.

I had a chat with the salesman and dealer principle yesterday. Asked them if they would take my A5 back with zero to little cost to me if I upgraded to an A7 and they said yes. So they're keeping their eyes open for one for me :) Not a common car so could take a while.

Debeer165

Expert Member
Ya. Was a bit disappointed. They deliver to me and insure I have decent transport while they're working on my A5 so can't complain really.

I had a chat with the salesman and dealer principle yesterday. Asked them if they would take my A5 back with zero to little cost to me if I upgraded to an A7 and they said yes. So they're keeping their eyes open for one for me :) Not a common car so could take a while.

Do seem to be a couple of decent ones on Autotrader and on the Audi list itself. An A8 could also be nice, I see a couple of them are also available (searched under 500).

Maybe a newer A5 could work well?

AndyC

So, every now and then, I like to day dream and play with the Audi Configurator

RS 5 Coupe one day, R8 Spider the next...

Today I wanted to build myself an A7 something but I see the option for an A7 is gone from the site.

Still listed on audi.co.za though

Anyone know what gives?

Debeer165

Expert Member
So, every now and then, I like to day dream and play with the Audi Configurator

RS 5 Coupe one day, R8 Spider the next...

Today I wanted to build myself an A7 something but I see the option for an A7 is gone from the site.

Still listed on audi.co.za though

Anyone know what gives?

Hmmm... I would guesstimate that they are loading up info for the upcoming facelift model and decided to remove the current one to avoid any issues until they are done with the upload.

New (facelift) model should land next year I reckon

DominionZA

Executive Member
I have to say - this little A4 TFSI is freaking zippy. This is how I expect a turbo to feel in a car. Fk me - this thing shunts.

Went out this AM to collect some stuff and had some fun with it.

Was odd driving a stick again.
When I got in this AM (first time driving it), I could not start the car - lol. Sat with my foot on the brake and the ignition did nothing. After a little bit of pressing things I clicked it was a stick. Must push in the clutch. OMG.
And no cruise control :erm:

ahoudet

Expert Member
I have to say - this little A4 TFSI is freaking zippy. This is how I expect a turbo to feel in a car. Fk me - this thing shunts.

Went out this AM to collect some stuff and had some fun with it.

Was odd driving a stick again.
When I got in this AM (first time driving it), I could not start the car - lol. Sat with my foot on the brake and the ignition did nothing. After a little bit of pressing things I clicked it was a stick. Must push in the clutch. OMG.
And no cruise control :erm:
Cruise control should be standard on a car like this...

DominionZA

Executive Member
Cruise control should be standard on a car like this...

Ya. Dreading my drive to Hartees on Monday AM. I like to sit back and just veg (go through 3 times a week).
Can only hope my A5 is ready on Monday so I don't have to do it again on Tues with no cruise control.

Then again - I may be looking in the wrong place. Should be a standard location though so I doubt I am looking wrong.
It's a real stock standard A4. No electric seats. No sunroof. No cruise control. Pretty bare bones. Fun though.