The Brexit Thread

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill

Dave

Honorary Master
Good news?

Sounds to me like it has nothing to do with Brexit. Only thing linking this to brexit is his donation?

Ok then... Guess news is slow :D

You might want to go away and research who Banks is and how he was connected to Leave.eu (and the Russians)...

Dave

Honorary Master
Maybe go read your article...
It’s been updated and says exactly what I’ve just said.

The National Crime Agency (NCA) has launched an investigation into pro-Brexit donor Arron Banks and his Leave.EU campaign for "suspected electoral law offences".

"Better for the Country", the organisation that ran Leave.EU, and its chief executive Elizabeth Bilney were among a group of people and companies referred by the Electoral Commission on Thursday.
The NCA said it would not normally investigate such matters, but that the "nature of the necessary inquiries" and "potential for offences to have been committed other than under electoral law " warranted its intervention.

The Electoral Commission had been examining a reported £2m loan from Arron Banks and his group of insurance companies to Better for the Country.

It was also looking at a reported £6m loaned to the organisation by Mr Banks alone.

Nearly half of that - £2.9m - was used to fund spending in the 2016 EU referendum on behalf of Leave.EU and donations to other campaign groups, the commission said.

It claimed there were "reasonable grounds to suspect" that Mr Banks was not the true source of either loan and that "a number of criminal offences may have been committed".
Banks was bankrolling 2 separate Brexit campaigns (and breaking electoral law) and also using foreign (read that as Russian) money for some of that bankrolling.

Hopefully they prove the case and he gets charged.

Pitbull

Verboten
It’s been updated and says exactly what I’ve just said.

Banks was bankrolling 2 separate Brexit campaigns (and breaking electoral law) and also using foreign (read that as Russian) money for some of that bankrolling.

Hopefully they prove the case and he gets charged.
Again, it's not who or which side he donated.

But like I said, slow news day I guess...

Pitbull

Verboten
Only if you don’t know who Banks is and what he represents.
Ok, let me try and make it slightly easier for you. What are they investigating?

Once you answer that you will find what I'm saying /facepalm

Dave

Honorary Master
Ok, let me try and make it slightly easier for you. What are they investigating?

Once you answer that you will find what I'm saying /facepalm

If you facepalmed a bit harder you might knock some sense into your head ;)

He’s being investigated for suspected electoral law offences as well as possible offences concerning money laundering. All to do with the Leave.eu (and one other smaller leave group) campaigns in the run up to the Brexit referendum.

buka001

Expert Member
Damn that was funny. Thank you Pitbull.

Anyway it is quite surreal meeting with our suppliers and just how clear it is that no one has any idea about what will happen.

No idea on how the borders will affect logistics, costs and personnel. Nobody knows.

It is going to be one hell of an experience next March.