The Brexit Thread

Dave

Honorary Master
And May will get axed/resign for sure if Leave wins a second time.
You’re quite optimistic if you think May is going to survive long enough to see another GE or referendum. I think she’s already on borrowed time and only there because the other leadership contenders don’t want to be in charge when the sh*t hits the fan.

If a GE or referendum is announced she’ll probably be gone the same week of the announcement imo.

zippy

Executive Member
I was actually watching it last night. It's hilarious.

The inaptness of these people are staggering. Now if the EU doesn't extend article 50, UK can't leave because No-Deal has been removed as an option. They are now playing politics instead of getting the people's wishes actioned. I'm watching this and laughing so hard. Bunch of politicians are ruining their careers and they can't even see it.
Playing politics is what politicians do. They will say anything to get elected. The problem is that leave/remain result was so close that these morons have no clear direction on which way they should lean. So they choose the 3rd option : wait for someone else to do something, then see what happens and either support them or slag them off. This is exactly how the cabinet has been behaving. Poor old May thinks she has the cabinet on her side, until some newspaper column comes out and suddenly some of her ministers are not quite as onboard as she thought.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I actually hope for a second referendum.

I'm sure leave will be even more robust this time round. And May will get axed/resign for sure if Leave wins a second time.
I think a second referendum is actually important now.

And the outcome will be considerably better (either Leave or Remain)... it will be much more representative of the will of the people rather than the first one which was based on half truths and lies from both sides.

zippy

Executive Member
I think a second referendum is actually important now.

And the outcome will be considerably better (either Leave or Remain)... it will be much more representative of the will of the people rather than the first one which was based on half truths and lies from both sides.
Another one wont be any different.

Even though I voted to remain, think another referendum is a bad idea.

Part of wants the UK to leave so that those useless chav's who voted to leave because they think they cant get a job because of Polish migrants will realise that they are unemployable in or out of the EU. And those bigotted old farts to realise that they will have resort to Nigerian and Pakistani careworkers to wash their mingy carcasses instead of the Eastern Europeans. :)

Another referendum in 5 years will be needed when these nobheads realise that for all the faults of the EU, being governed from Brussels beats being governed by this bunch of clowns. :)

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master

Part wants the UK to leave so that those useless chav's who voted to leave because they think they cant get a job because of Polish migrants will realise that they are unemployable in or out of the EU. And those bigotted old farts to realise that they will have resort to Nigerian and Pakistani careworkers to wash their mingy carcasses instead of the Eastern Europeans. :)
It may not be any different in terms of a result, but much more of the reality is known...

Dave

Honorary Master
It may not be any different in terms of a result, but much more of the reality is known...
I’d agree, a second referendum may not necessarily change the result, but it will give the result far more legitimacy and could get more people to support leaving if a clean result still goes for leaving.

The Voice

Executive Member

Part of wants the UK to leave so that those useless chav's who voted to leave because they think they cant get a job because of Polish migrants will realise that they are unemployable in or out of the EU. And those bigotted old farts to realise that they will have resort to Nigerian and Pakistani careworkers to wash their mingy carcasses instead of the Eastern Europeans. :)

Another referendum in 5 years will be needed when these nobheads realise that for all the faults of the EU, being governed from Brussels beats being governed by this bunch of clowns. :)
You clearly haven't lived in the UK long enough: chavs don't work, so no jobs to be reclaimed anyway. And the old farts, who ironically were the ones who voted to get us INTO the EU in the first place and have been around long enough to see what it's all about and remember when it actually did what it was supposed to, hate ALL foreigners.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
You clearly haven't lived in the UK long enough: chavs don't work, so no jobs to be reclaimed anyway. And the old farts, who ironically were the ones who voted to get us INTO the EU in the first place and have been around long enough to see what it's all about and remember when it actually did what it was supposed to, hate ALL foreigners.
Even the foreigners hate the foreigners these days...

But what they fail to grasp is large portions of the foreigners they're dealing with are NOT from the EU, so leaving the EU won't solve that problem

The Voice

Executive Member
Even the foreigners hate the foreigners these days...

But what they fail to grasp is large portions of the foreigners they're dealing with are NOT from the EU, so leaving the EU won't solve that problem
Indeed. A large number are from the colonies they pillaged hundreds of years ago. How quickly they forget.

Dave

Honorary Master
Brexit vote result: UK to ask EU to delay withdrawal until at least June after MPs back Article 50 extension

MPs have voted in favour of delaying Brexit until at least June in a move that will see Theresa May ask Brussels to postpone Britain's departure from the EU.

The Commons divided 412 to 202 in favour of a government motion that said the Article 50 period should be extended after MPs rejected Ms May's plan and also voted to rule out no deal.

If a Brexit deal is agreed by MPs by 20 March, the government will seek a delay until 30 June.

But if no withdrawal agreement is in place by that date, the extension is likely to be much longer.

No10 hopes the deadline will force Eurosceptic Tory rebels to step in line, knowing that failure to back the prime minister's plan is likely to lead to a lengthy delay to Brexit.

More follows…

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...nsion-when-leave-eu-theresa-may-a8823621.html

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Brexit vote result: UK to ask EU to delay withdrawal until at least June after MPs back Article 50 extension

MPs have voted in favour of delaying Brexit until at least June in a move that will see Theresa May ask Brussels to postpone Britain's departure from the EU.

The Commons divided 412 to 202 in favour of a government motion that said the Article 50 period should be extended after MPs rejected Ms May's plan and also voted to rule out no deal.

If a Brexit deal is agreed by MPs by 20 March, the government will seek a delay until 30 June.

But if no withdrawal agreement is in place by that date, the extension is likely to be much longer.

No10 hopes the deadline will force Eurosceptic Tory rebels to step in line, knowing that failure to back the prime minister's plan is likely to lead to a lengthy delay to Brexit.

More follows…

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...nsion-when-leave-eu-theresa-may-a8823621.html
I'm not sure how May's thinking is working here. A delay to Brexit isn't the default outcome in the absence of a deal. No deal Brexit is. And to my understanding, Parliament hasn't passed a motion saying that if no deal is reached, Article 50 is revoked or anything like that, that would actually put the pressure on Brexiteers.

And remember the last time she bluffed to try and get them to lose influence - she lost seats in Parliament.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
So 3 votes in one week and twice the political class have betrayed their electorate.

Ironically, only the dissenters in the EU can save them now.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Agg shame... Don't like it when politicians don't vote the way you want them to?
shamepies, projecting your simpleton thoughts on others again are you?

I have no dog in this fight, the vote makes f-all difference to me, the people of Britain however voted for brexit and their masters are actively working against that.

That should bother anyone with a modicum of decency and principles ... guess it doesn't bother you then ...

rietrot

Honorary Master
Now the EU just need to reject the extension. Give them an ultimatum, take the shît deal or hard exit with no extra time.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
shamepies, projecting your simpleton thoughts on others again are you?

I have no dog in this fight, the vote makes f-all difference to me, the people of Britain however voted for brexit and their masters are actively working against that.

That should bother anyone with a modicum of decency and principles ... guess it doesn't bother you then ...
Hardly.. You just seem to be using very emotive words in relation to stuff the politicians do all the time...

But you do have a dog in this fight btw.. The outcomes have already and will continue to impact the gjlobal economy.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Hardly.. You just seem to be using very emotive words in relation to stuff the politicians do all the time...
Factual statements are devoid of emotions, the people voted for brexit, fact, their parliament is working against it, fact, that represents a betrayal, fact.

But have fun projecting some more of your ideas onto others, happily I have a busy day and weekend ahead and will be blissfully unaware of it anyway.