The Brexit Thread

Vorastra

Executive Member
You must be really really tired after that marathon session of columbidae chess, I’d have given up ages ago.
I'm still waiting to be proven wrong, big boy.
So far it's been a bunch of bullshet feels from people who pretend to know something about nothing.

Vorastra

Executive Member
As I said, I’m not so much in favour of it as you think I am. But anyone who tells me that I cannot decide on the destiny of my own country can fsck right off.
And I'm waiting for when, as you say, Scotland can do whatever the fek it wants.

You can't. Enjoy being part of the UK. :cool:

Vorastra

Executive Member
sorry guv, no comprehendo pidgin…
You may be retarded impaired then as it was perfectly good English with a dash of memes.

Are you a Scot too?
Maybe that's why.

Tell me again how I don't know UK legislation.

Any day now, you just link me that legislation showing that I'm wrong.

Any....day...now. :sneaky:

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
You already conceded that Scotland is a country. I’ve already agreed that current legislation means Scotland can’t just walk away. What else is it you are harping on about?

Wants his Brexit but wants the caviar to remain free of tariffs.

Friends with benefits...

The Voice

Honorary Master
Pleased to see that asylum is finally being blocked for people who have travelled through safe countries. It's pretty obvious that they're only coming to the UK for the benefits system anyway, not for safety.

Dave

Honorary Master
Pleased to see that asylum is finally being blocked for people who have travelled through safe countries.

Finally? It was announced last year.

Ministers have quietly changed immigration rules to prevent people fleeing war or persecution from claiming asylum in the UK if they have passed through a “safe” third country, prompting accusations of a breach of international law.

From 1 January, claims of asylum from a person who has travelled through or has a connection to a safe third country, including people coming from EU member states, will be treated as inadmissible.

surface

Honorary Master

Dave

Honorary Master
Nice move from Priti Patel.

Possibly, but it might also make the UK look stupid if it’s judged to be illegal under international law (which a few commentators feel it is) or requiring an agreement with the prior safe countries to accept returns (post Brexit will France be all that amenable to the idea?).

surface

Honorary Master
Possibly, but it might also make the UK look stupid if it’s judged to be illegal under international law (which a few commentators feel it is) or requiring an agreement with the prior safe countries to accept returns (post Brexit will France be all that amenable to the idea?).
BoJo government motto is 'Can I be stupider than a x-grader' so that is not a problem.

The Voice

Honorary Master
Could argue that as the UK no longer has access to EU funding to process asylum seekers (including housing them, etc, until decision are made) as part of the Dublin Regulation, it may even be easier to send them back to where they came from (the EU). Also, I imagine our mandatory quota for the number of refugees we HAVE to take in every year falls away as we're no longer a member state?