The Great Hack

jezzad

Expert Member
Watched the trailer and have cued it up to watch tonight. Aligns perfectly to the industry I work in and what we “sell” our clients every day.

theratman

Honorary Master
Spotted the trailer this evening, have it lined up for the weekend. Although it does look a bit "dramatic" but I'll see if that changes once I actually watch it.

jezzad

Expert Member
Watched it last night, I have not watched anything over an hour long in the last year or two with that much attention.

Considering this is what we pretty much sell our clients on a daily basis, very interesting to see what can be done with big data and the wrong agenda.

Also super interesting was their approach to the Trinidad and Tobago elections, how they leveraged data and convinced young voters not to vote.

http://www.looptt.com/content/tts-link-cambridge-analytica-scandal

ijacobs3

Expert Member
Watched it last night, I have not watched anything over an hour long in the last year or two with that much attention.

Considering this is what we pretty much sell our clients on a daily basis, very interesting to see what can be done with big data and the wrong agenda.

Also super interesting was their approach to the Trinidad and Tobago elections, how they leveraged data and convinced young voters not to vote.

http://www.looptt.com/content/tts-link-cambridge-analytica-scandal

Makes you wonder, with all the shady dealings, if they have been involved in South Africa as well, but just haven’t disclosed it

jezzad

Expert Member
Makes you wonder, with all the shady dealings, if they have been involved in South Africa as well, but just haven’t disclosed it

They mention SA at one point and Im pretty sure they would have had some dealings with us.

Priapus

Executive Member
Watched it last night. Very interesting and now I finally understand what the whole saga was about in 2016.

Mrcricket

Expert Member
Watched it as well. It was definitely an eye opener though I am quite skeptical about the intentions of Brittany Kaiser, she was aware of what she was doing all along while she worked for Cambridge but tries to portray herself as a heroine.

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
Worth the watch, if only to educate yourself as to what actually goes on.