The iOS 11 Thread/Discussion

whatwhat

Executive Member
WWDC is today, with the beta out later this evening.
So far there hasn't been much leaked about the operating system bar the Files app.

I'm hoping for default apps, and customization of the control center.

XenitXTD

Its foretold that this is a major design overhaul but not sure of the legitimacy of this...

I would appreciated more integrated apps so you don't have to switch apps but this is not apples fault but rather those companies that want you to switch into their app....

I have a mac as well so i am also keen for some improvements in the continuity integrated space... and also looking to see what the new MacOS has... extended darkmode here is to hoping.

that reminds me a complete darkmode in IOS... no just a k/b here and a small thing there...

At best i am hoping for things that would improve even if ever so little.

Tander

Executive Member
WWDC starts today at 19:00 - should be very interesting for us iOS devs. :D
I doubt there is a major design overhaul, they did that with iOS 7 and since then, tweaked it over each iteration of the OS.

$m@Rt@$$

Expert Member
WWDC starts today at 19:00 - should be very interesting for us iOS devs. :D
I doubt there is a major design overhaul, they did that with iOS 7 and since then, tweaked it over each iteration of the OS.
I just want something that feels more fresh than what iOS 10 did to 9.

travcaine

Its foretold that this is a major design overhaul but not sure of the legitimacy of this...

I would appreciated more integrated apps so you don't have to switch apps but this is not apples fault but rather those companies that want you to switch into their app....

I have a mac as well so i am also keen for some improvements in the continuity integrated space... and also looking to see what the new MacOS has... extended darkmode here is to hoping.

that reminds me a complete darkmode in IOS... no just a k/b here and a small thing there...

At best i am hoping for things that would improve even if ever so little.
Really hoping a design overhaul is on the cards tonight.

creeper

Expert Member
I did a bit of cleaning up and discovered my old iPhone 3G. Running iOS 4.2 Amazing how iOS has changed.

And no, I can't download apps. And for some reason it doesn't work on my Wifi.

bigboy529

Expert Member
Hoping for a huge as in massive improvement in Siri, further opening it up to devs etc. Propper dark mode across the entire iOS would be cool. Also hoping for a fairly decent file system, I know we won't get a full proper one, but at least something to clear out those big app cashes.

whatwhat

Executive Member
IPad update looks good. Will install that tonight on my Pro.

I think I also saw "nfc reading" as one of the features listed, will dig around in the release docs - but will be great if they opened that up.