The iOS 13 Thread/Discussion

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
Loaded iOS 13.3.1 Beta 1 on my iPad Air 2 and it’s now back to being fast and smooth again, so it seems iOS 13.3 was the problem. So glad!

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
Rather quiet around here. Must say iOS 13.3.1 seems to be finally what iOS 13 was really meant to be, minimal bugs on my end on both my XS Max and iPad Air 2, the latter just needs a new battery now considering it’s about 5 years old yet still going strong

I just feel as though more developers need to fix how they integrate the Files app into their apps, I see Google are finally doing this with GMail! Hallelujah!
Since the iOS Files app is finally useful, Gmail will add attachments from it

Daisy Cloudskitter

Expert Member
iOS 13.3.1 seems to be finally what iOS 13 was really meant to be, minimal bugs on my end on both my XS Max and iPad Air 2, th
Thanks for your updates @Tsepz_GP. Finally installed 13.3.1 on my air 2 last night - all good.

My air2's about as old as yours & also still going strong . Is there a 'battery health ' (percentage) check somewhere on it ? ( It's on iPhone but can only find usage & charging records on air 2 :notworthy:)

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
Thanks for your updates @Tsepz_GP. Finally installed 13.3.1 on my air 2 last night - all good.

My air2's about as old as yours & also still going strong . Is there a 'battery health ' (percentage) check somewhere on it ? ( It's on iPhone but can only find usage & charging records on air 2 :notworthy:)
Not at all a problem

Unfortunately there is no Battery Health check built into the iPad Air 2, one has to use something like Coconut Battery with the device plugged into a PC, but I can tell my Air 2 needs a new battery as it’s draining sporadically, sometimes dropping 5% in a few minutes and then jumping from like 20% to 5% in no time, signs of a bad battery.

Daisy Cloudskitter

Expert Member
Not at all a problem

Unfortunately there is no Battery Health check built into the iPad Air 2, one has to use something like Coconut Battery with the device plugged into a PC, but I can tell my Air 2 needs a new battery as it’s draining sporadically, sometimes dropping 5% in a few minutes and then jumping from like 20% to 5% in no time, signs of a bad battery.
:thumbsup: Thanks. Heh ... good to hear I'm not just a bit thick. Bit of a tech muppet so kinda assumed battery health info would be identical to what's on iPhone.
Will be good to know what your battery replacement entails later - for when mine eventually dies .

Spizz

Goat Botherer
I've got an iPhone 11 dual sim and have encountered a problem which I hope someone can clarify.

I'm in Myanmar and have local Ooredoo sim as primary sim. Secondary sim is my Vodacom sim and it's switched off most of the time unless I want to use VoWiFi to make a call, then I switch it on.

I had Vodacom sim switched off when iOS updated itself to 13.3.1, and I have now lost the VoWiFi setting when I switch on the Vodacom sim. The Vodacom sim simply picks up a local network and tells me I'm roaming on it now.

So, I suspect I've lost the Vodacom VoWiFI setting because the Ooredoo settings have overwritten the Vodacom settings. Can anyone clarify this?

I'm home next week so will try to rectify it then, but I'm worried if I'm already on 13.3.1, will it let me update the phone to Vodacom 13.3.1 or simply tell me I'm up to date already?

Edit: I might have figured it out myself. Apparently it’s not iOS itself that is changed but the separate update in “carrier settings”. So I’m hoping when I get home and switch to Vodacom that the carrier settings option appears and that will bring it back. Then I’ll switch of automatic updates and only update when I’m SAW.

Last edited:

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
My XS Max was expropriated without compensation last night. Anyone dealt with Vodacom Insurance? I had comprehensive cover for it, so I figure they'll get me another XS Max 256GB.

Anyone had experience claiming from them?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I’ve learnt you never get insurance from the same people who have an interest in whatever the product is you’ve purchased.

Applies to cellphones, home insurance and banks, cars whatever.

Been screwed over by them all, where and independent broker/insurance always came to the party.

redspark

Expert Member
Thanks a lot. I have already done all I need to, the claim is now with them.

Was just interested in reading if anyone else had gone through this as well and their experience was.
I've claimed before (voda and cellc). All you need is a SAPS case number and bob is your uncle.

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
^^ Any joy with your ins. claim - did they replace the phone ?
They have approved the claim, however, someone completely messed up the paperwork when they were drawing up the policy when I was upgrading from the Note8 to XS Max early last year typical! So now the claim amount is being adjusted from R20K to a higher one to do a proper replacement of the XS Max and once all that is done they'll contact me to go collet my new phone.

Absolutely hilarious situation I have to say, like talk about making a meal out of something so simple.

Anyway I am using Huawei P30 Pro while waiting so it's all good.

Last edited:

Dave

Honorary Master
Insurance sorted, just picked up my iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB in Midnight Green
I'm a happy chappy now!
You've just become susceptible to expropriation without compensation again ;).

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Anyone know why my gmail app has suddenly greyed out the icon? All appears to be working fine, it’s updated and it’s normal colour icon on my iPad???