The iPhone 6 beater is here: Xiaomi

nut123

You should probably use a picture of the Xiaomi device in the article, rather than one of the iPhone...

CeeBee

Expert Member
people buy iPhones and other Apple products for more than just the actual physical handset... even a true iPhone clone (if it were legal) wouldnt sell as well if it didnt have the Apple and iPhone branding on.
the brand loyalty is one thing Apple has been very good at.

nut123

people buy iPhones and other Apple products for more than just the actual physical handset... even a true iPhone clone (if it were legal) wouldnt sell as well if it didnt have the Apple and iPhone branding on.
The Xiaomi device they're talking about in the article is not an iPhone clone... The picture there is one of an actual iPhone - the Xiaomi Mi Note looks like this:

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Ja well, means nothing to us here seeing that we cant get these phones. Pitty Orange dont sell Xiaomi.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Funny that every iPhone I've had I've covered up the logo.

It's got nothing to do with brand loyalty and everything to do with the fact that they work well together. I'll buy an iPhone again and again because it works well with my iPad and my Macbook.

Now that I'm changing jobs and quite possibly won't be working on a Macbook any more...now only do I consider going to other brands and weighing the pros/cons because now the synergy will be broken.

Funny that so far Android doesn't seem to offer much of that so I might very well go for Windows Phone device next combined with an Office 365 subscription.

Skerminkel

Expert Member
Funny that so far Android doesn't seem to offer much of that so I might very well go for Windows Phone device next combined with an Office 365 subscription.
Just sync to the cloud and you don't need your devices to work with each other directly.

whatwhat

Executive Member
lol. iPhone 6 is already almost 5 months old, and a new one is due in 7.

Way to go competing with old tech.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Funny that every iPhone I've had I've covered up the logo.

It's got nothing to do with brand loyalty and everything to do with the fact that they work well together. I'll buy an iPhone again and again because it works well with my iPad and my Macbook.

Now that I'm changing jobs and quite possibly won't be working on a Macbook any more...now only do I consider going to other brands and weighing the pros/cons because now the synergy will be broken.

Can't ask for one at the new job?

Darko

I think that this would be better called the Galaxy killer. Since Samsung's mobile business is in trouble because of the new, bigger iPhones, but also because of Xiaomi's incredible success.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Just sync to the cloud and you don't need your devices to work with each other directly.
That's just the thing, Apple does this so well when you buy into the system.

I laugh every time I hear someone complain about how they can't do this and that with their iPhone using a cable etc...but I haven't used a cable in years.

A friend the other day was lamenting how much of a pain it was to do something with photos. I just laughed and jokingly told her she's doing it wrong because if you conform and do it "their way" it's just so much better.

Case in point is that I don't even think about making a plan to get my photos on my Macbook...when I open iPhoto they are already there...because iCloud. And same goes in reverse for my iPad etc.

Now obviously you can do this on other platforms by now but it can be quite a manual process to make it work, which is why I'm leaning to Windows at the moment where it seems the most integrated (after Apple).

Can't ask for one at the new job?
I probably can, but in a way I do feel it's time for a bit of a change.

Just like changing jobs I might as well be a little experimental.

I've always been pretty platform agnostic, like I tried to illustrate I'm not sticking to Apple now because I'm a fanboy but rather because it simply works so well and changing that will break my life. I work with Windows/Apple/Linux devices every day so it's not like I'm completely ignorant of the rest, I just choose to go Apple.

Now I'm prepared to break it on purpose with a plan in hand.

I could go Linux desktop for my primary but for reasons of legacy access to my Apple stuff I still need to run iTunes which means a Windows VM etc...then I might as well just embrace Windows and get on with it. It's been 5 odd years since I've lasted worked on a Windows machine for a daily and that was just a few months before I went back to Apple.

Skerminkel

Expert Member

I laugh every time I hear someone complain about how they can't do this and that with their iPhone using a cable etc...but I haven't used a cable in years.

Now obviously you can do this on other platforms by now but it can be quite a manual process to make it work, which is why I'm leaning to Windows at the moment where it seems the most integrated (after Apple).

Android sync to google services is completely automatic. If your handset is anything more than a tool to access your data and take pictures, you are indeed doing it wrong, or upgrade to a more modern phone or tablet.