The Official Xiaomi Thread

Just logged into the one unit now and there's 85% left on the filter.

Their app allows you to set some automation so it's set to switch off at 08:00 and back on again at 16:30. The app also allows you to put on the child lock so none of the buttons on the unit works. My 5 year old will press any buttons she can find.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Just logged into the one unit now and there's 85% left on the filter.

Their app allows you to set some automation so it's set to switch off at 08:00 and back on again at 16:30. The app also allows you to put on the child lock so none of the buttons on the unit works. My 5 year old will press any buttons she can find.
Ok cool. That all sounds very promising indeed.

I think @biometrics bought one. He was quite impressed
Loving it. The array of sensors incl Lidar makes it very smart, happily discovering new rooms and adding it to it’s world view. It divides an area and then zig zags it until done and then moves on.

The app is really good. You can watch it working. See previous cleans. Send it to a room. Mark an area to clean. Set schedules. Activate it remotely. Set the suction power, I leave it on auto.

It can get stuck on carpet tassels or lose cables so I tuck those away. It will send you a notification if it needs help.

It has trouble mounting very thick carpets. There is a new version called Roborock which can handle those but it’s something like R3,000 extra.

I got it for R4850 which I’m happy with.

Last edited:
I got myself a Redmi 7 phone last week, and after a few tweaks, so far so good.

Only issue I have is I'd like to set different notification tones for different apps. The Notificon app worked great on all my previous devices, but MiUI 10 seems to disregard it and do it's own thing.

I've disabled every power saving feature and app restriction, but still no luck.

First prize would have been making custom notification sounds a feature by default, but no such luck .

Only 500 ANSI. Nice for the money but within a few weeks of owning one you'll wish you got the big brother Xiaomi mi jia projector.

Or much better the Xgimi H1 ($650 inc shipping). H2 (1350 ANSI) projector basically the same, just slightly brighter. Freaking amazing bang for buck projectors. I'm very impressed with the quality.

Park@82

Honorary Master
Did you guys know one can switch some of your Mi Home devices on and off via Google home commands? I can say "ok Google" "turn my air purifier on". same with my Xiaomi security cam. Pretty cool.

Hemps

Executive Member
Time to replace my iPhone 6, thinking of Redmi Note 7 128gb 4gb ram, R4319
Is it worth is going from iPhone 6S to this phone?
Anywhere else where I can find it cheaper?

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Time to replace my iPhone 6, thinking of Redmi Note 7 128gb 4gb ram, R4319
Is it worth is going from iPhone 6S to this phone?
Anywhere else where I can find it cheaper?
You will not be sorry.

It will take a little while to get used to the Android way, but once you're there, the rest is easy.

128Gb? Luxury! In my time we had to do with 16Mb... (first nokia with camera and color screen had a 16Mb memory card IIRC)

Hemps

Executive Member
You will not be sorry.

It will take a little while to get used to the Android way, but once you're there, the rest is easy.

128Gb? Luxury! In my time we had to do with 16Mb... (first nokia with camera and color screen had a 16Mb memory card IIRC)
Reviews seem very good, 128gb as I have large music collection.
I had an LG g3 which was awesome phone....lost it whilst mountainbiking.