The Official Xiaomi Thread

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
File Mangler got a dark theme. Great stuff.

FWIW I hate white backgrounds, these are quite uncalled for. Especially at night.

FlashSA

Executive Member
Screen a big let down. Let's hope there is a pro version
And price! $280. Madness

Android One is overrated. Updates are nowhere near Pixel like and some missing features are frustrating. I was not sad to see my Mi A1 go.

chefdude98

Expert Member
And price! $280. Madness

Android One is overrated. Updates are nowhere near Pixel like and some missing features are frustrating. I was not sad to see my Mi A1 go.
Damn, I was actually excited to get the Mi A3. If android one isn't that great then I will be skipping it.

I have a Mediocre Samsung A30 now. Im happy but was going to switch to the Mi A3.

Samsung seems to be really focused on the A series. This phone has received 3 updates so far. I am on the June security patch & it feels more snappy in general.

wtg

View attachment 684271

The total amount I payed with PayPal was around R5k and the import costs were R650. Gearbest declared the item as a $110 Media Player.
Ordered my 9T this morning. Says it will ship around 1 Aug.
Thanks for the assistance from you & @Sephiroth96.
I assume DHL asks for ID etc? Because there was no where on gearbest that they asked for it.
Does the phone come with a tempered screen protector? Doubt it, where did you get accessories from? Amazon?

Last edited:

RenaldoJ21

I assume DHL asks for ID etc? Because there was no where on gearbest that they asked for it.
Does the phone come with a tempered screen protector? Doubt it, where did you get accessories from? Amazon?
I order my mi9t from gearbest on Wednesday the 17th and got it this morning 22nd...awesome device.

ronz91

Expert Member
Agreed. Hoping to see a 128GB Global Version on Gearbest for close to $350 and I'll buy one to play with. Mi 9T is nice at $300 currently, but my next phone must be a flagship killer SD 855 as I want to tick that off my list of "tried"
U haven't done a flagship before?

Affordable flagships are great in that they stay snappy for years for the anyone below a super power user and you don't feel like you had to sell a kidney for it.

FlashSA

Executive Member
U haven't done a flagship before?

Affordable flagships are great in that they stay snappy for years for the anyone below a super power user and you don't feel like you had to sell a kidney for it.
My last flagship was a Samsung S5, so it's definitely been a while using mid range (albeit amazing) Xiaomi's. I almost bought the 128GB Mi 9T for $299 at Gearbest this past weekend but I held back and will run my Mi Max 3 for longer in the hope of bagging a well priced 128GB K20 Pro Global. I always make a glass mock up of a phone with exact dimensions before buying so I can get a feel for it in hand and pocket (family own a glass shop) and I made one of the K20/9T chassis on Saturday and have been playing with it. Just a lot smaller than my beloved Max 3 so that is also worrying me a bit....

Steady

The Mi.com UK website had a few specials on mostly 2018 phones the last 2-3 weeks or so. Right now you can buy a Poco 128 bg for 209 pounds, about R3600.

LukeKroon

DHL will contact you for all that details the day the phone arrives in RSA. It only comes with a hard case, I am going to buy some accessories from gearbest. Do not know what screen protectors will work with in screen fingerprint.

wtg

DHL will contact you for all that details the day the phone arrives in RSA. It only comes with a hard case, I am going to buy some accessories from gearbest. Do not know what screen protectors will work with in screen fingerprint.
Thank you.
Keep me posted.

PhireSide

Executive Member
I just got an ad in the default File Manager - not an inline ad that just hovers there but an actual full-screen popup ad.

I think it's getting close to custom ROM time!