The Official Xiaomi Thread

jadenroux

Anyone who bought the Mi 9T.. Which colour did you go for? I'm keen to buy one very soon but keep debating between the black and blue.

wtg

Anyone who bought the Mi 9T.. Which colour did you go for? I'm keen to buy one very soon but keep debating between the black and blue.
I first ordered blue, but made them change it to black due to the delay in stock for the blue

wtg

View attachment 684271

The total amount I payed with PayPal was around R5k and the import costs were R650. Gearbest declared the item as a $110 Media Player.
A bit weird, my tracking started of with this - did you see this?
Trcking message
2019-07-22 21:03:00HONG KONG - HONG KONG,Shipment information received

PhireSide

Executive Member
The last time I tried this it ended badly. I always struggled with the fastboot getting errors that pointed me in circles the whole time, and getting the bootloader unlocked was a struggle too.

Maybe it's time to give it a go again
PSA: Don't load a Xiaomi.eu ROM if you have a PIN/Password/Pattern on your phone i.e. if your phone storage is encrypted.

As it turns out, TWRP cannot access your data partition if it's encrypted and will put your phone into a soft brick state. I had to flash a recovery called Orange Fox and install the No-Verity patch to enable myself to wipe the /data partition so that I could flash the Xiaomi.eu ROM.

I do suspect if I had removed the lock screen and unencrypted the phone I would not have had this issue, but it took me a bit of searching to figure out why it was happening.

I am still busy setting up the ROM, but it feels like the stock MIUI without the nasty ads and some nice added features (face unlock, screen time, Adaptive Battery, AI preloading, etc)

wtg

PSA: Don't load a Xiaomi.eu ROM if you have a PIN/Password/Pattern on your phone i.e. if your phone storage is encrypted.

As it turns out, TWRP cannot access your data partition if it's encrypted and will put your phone into a soft brick state. I had to flash a recovery called Orange Fox and install the No-Verity patch to enable myself to wipe the /data partition so that I could flash the Xiaomi.eu ROM.

I do suspect if I had removed the lock screen and unencrypted the phone I would not have had this issue, but it took me a bit of searching to figure out why it was happening.

I am still busy setting up the ROM, but it feels like the stock MIUI without the nasty ads and some nice added features (face unlock, screen time, Adaptive Battery, AI preloading, etc)
What phone? Bought from Gearbest?

mvww

A bit weird, my tracking started of with this - did you see this?
Trcking message
2019-07-22 21:03:00HONG KONG - HONG KONG,Shipment information received
Just the beginning of the shipment process. Nothing wrong.

wtg

So basically, if we are to order accessories from Gearbest, we have to choose expedited if we don't want it to go through post office? Learnt that after ordering and had to cancel the accessories.

---

So basically, if we are to order accessories from Gearbest, we have to choose expedited if we don't want it to go through post office? Learnt that after ordering and had to cancel the accessories.
Or priority line which goes through buffalo

Steady

Takealot with their 3 day sale has a Mi 8 128 gb black for R5999, not sure how long this will last though.

spidaman

Expert Member
Trying to order on GB but the only option of shipping I get is Netherlands or Belgium... That can't be correct?