The Official Xiaomi Thread

phly

Expert Member
Looks like Xiaomi have addressed the no. 1 complaint that people had and updated MIUI to now have an app drawer. Complete with categories and search at the bottom.
Screenshot_2020-02-13-22-30-42-200_com.xiaomi.discover.jpg

Sayf777

Expert Member
Yeah no need to fiddle with them. Are your cables old? Sometimes over time there's wear and tear on these cables. The connectors/pin become warped/bent. Happens with USB mini too. Many charger cables thrown away.
No, they both generally new. Thanks for the response. Still under warranty, maybe will ask FNB for a replacement to mitigate future potential charging issues.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Anyone flashed their note 8 with a custom rom - think I might have time this weekend.

enerdude

Expert Member
Or go prepaid and buy one of these. Bought mine from connected devices and I think it was a bargain.
Connected devices has a coupon 'return200' for R200 discount on your order. Supposed to be for returning customers but seems any new account can use it. Also 'saveme150' for R150 off
Bought a few google mini speakers at real bargains from them

phly

Expert Member
Imported mine and it was even cheaper so that's another possible route

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
What do you view as priorities when it comes to a smartphone?

I bought my mom the Redmi 8, she is very happy and praises the large 5000mAH battery and large screen although it is sluggish at times due to the weak CPU
Battery
Storage
Resolution