The Official Xiaomi Thread

FlashSA

Executive Member
Miui 12 for Mi 9T rolling out again. Updated. Not bad tweaks.

2 annoyances: The white line at the bottom of the screen (managed to disable it) and slightly related, they've changed the switch apps on screen gesture which is going to take some getting used to (used to be swipe, hold, let go // now it is swipe up and sideways)

Shaun108

Executive Member
Still on Android 9 with no available updates on my old Redmi 8A that I use for work. Strange.

LukeKroon

Miui 12 for Mi 9T rolling out again. Updated. Not bad tweaks.

2 annoyances: The white line at the bottom of the screen (managed to disable it) and slightly related, they've changed the switch apps on screen gesture which is going to take some getting used to (used to be swipe, hold, let go // now it is swipe up and sideways)
How do you enable the white line at the bottom ? I prefer it that way.

phly

Expert Member
Some good news for those of us with rare often forgotten phones. Mi 9 lite finally got AR Core support. :)
It was one of the features I moaned about the phone not having but that has been ticked now.

GAD

Any recommendations on a Mi phone and which one to get and where to buy.

Want to buy two phones for the kids.

Currently have two Pocophone F1 128gigs but both damaged due to accidental drops. Very impressed with the phones and considering Mi phones again.

Checked out the Redmi Note 9s and gonna have a peak at the Samsung Blue Tag Sale too.

Last edited:

phly

Expert Member
Still no update for my Redmi Note 8 Pro.:crying:
Came out of the blue on my end and for a phone that hardly has any funfair or excitement talk going on - I'm impressed.

PS There seems to be already a Redmi Note 8 Pro version for the global MIUI 12 variant.

Arthur AnymoreDonuts

Came out of the blue on my end and for a phone that hardly has any funfair or excitement talk going on - I'm impressed.

PS There seems to be already a Redmi Note 8 Pro version for the global MIUI 12 variant.
Yes, I don't get it @IVTEC also got the OTA update on his Redmi Note 8 Pro, and I didn't. Not sure how this works.