The Official Xiaomi Thread

newby_investor

Expert Member
https://www.techinn.com/en/phones-mobile-phones/15806/s#fq=id_familia:11488&fq={!tag=ds}id_subfamilia%3A15806&fq=id_tienda%3A16&sort=div(if(not(eq(descuento_pais_179,0.0)),product(sub(rec,div(product(rec,descuento_pais_179),100)),17.7910),product(sub(rec,div(product(rec,descuento_euro_eur),100)),17.7910)),1.21)+desc&&&start=0&fq={!tag=dm}marca%3A%22Xiaomi%22

Anybody thoughts these outlets? Stuff to watch out for and such.
I've seen techinn advertised before, some decent prices listed but it seems fishy to me.

FlashSA

Executive Member
Did you guys notice that call recording is now enabled on Xiaomi preinstalled Google Phone app?
Wait, what?! This is excellent news. I have been holding on to my Mi 9T because it was the last Global Rom'ed Xiaomi that shipped with Miui dialer and built in recording before the Global ROMs adopted the Google dialer.

Can you share screenshots please? Does it work for incoming and outgoing?

Stokstert

Executive Member
Yeah. Note 8 was within my budget. Would love to have the latest and newest, but beggars can't be choosers.... unless I get a sugar mommy....

Mine also got sluggish until I deleted some extra stuff, then it was good again... until I loaded too much stuff...

I think you made a good choice with the Note 8. I have also got one ~6 month ago and very happy with it.
I still use the X4 for calls when recording is important.

Leisure Larry

Wait, what?! This is excellent news. I have been holding on to my Mi 9T because it was the last Global Rom'ed Xiaomi that shipped with Miui dialer and built in recording before the Global ROMs adopted the Google dialer.

Can you share screenshots please? Does it work for incoming and outgoing?

If this is right, I'm buying K40 now now.

Dave

Honorary Master
If this is right, I'm buying K40 now now.

I’m not so sure it is, I just got the Android 11 update on my Mi10T and unless it’s well hidden I don’t see any setting for call recording in the phone app.

Leisure Larry

I’m not so sure it is, I just got the Android 11 update on my Mi10T and unless it’s well hidden I don’t see any setting for call recording in the phone app.

Try swiping left or right from the dialer while on a call. Apparently the option to record is somewhere there.

FlashSA

Executive Member
Redmi Note 10 is going to be a massive winner. Super AMOLED screen just leaked. Only thing that has put me off a new Redmi Note - I simply adore the AMOLED on my Mi 9T and could never go back to LCD

ands45

Redmi Note 10 is going to be a massive winner. Super AMOLED screen just leaked. Only thing that has put me off a new Redmi Note - I simply adore the AMOLED on my Mi 9T and could never go back to LCD
Agree here, only reason I didn't buy a 9s or 9 pro is lack of AMOLED, otherwise is such a brilliant device for the price

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
My next Xiaomi will probably have AMOLED, lol

Wonder what took them so long to switch over from LCD to AMOLED.

Just curious, I decided to google for pros and cons of both, and found this :

ands45

My next Xiaomi will probably have AMOLED, lol

Wonder what took them so long to switch over from LCD to AMOLED.

Just curious, I decided to google for pros and cons of both, and found this :

For me AMOLED is a must for the always on display, being able to see notifications without having to switch on the screen is such a help phone is on the desk. Also quite like having the convenience of the under screen fingerprint reader.