The Official Xiaomi Thread

lambch0p

Amazing phone. Battery life is very good; Picture quality is very good; Speed and overall experience when using the device is also very good. Only thing I don't like so much is that it forces almost everything to be on the cloud - I can't even store my contacts on device.

What's the story here boss?

All true, except the last part

joshuatree

Expert Member

MIUI 12 Disable Ads: How to Remove Ads, and Spam Notifications From Any Xiaomi Smartphone

Xiaomi is one of the largest smartphone brands in India and is known for its budget smartphones. While its own custom skin based on Android 11, the MIUI 12, comes with some notable features, it also contains ads that are sprinkled all throughout. During the launch of MIUI 12, Xiaomi did mention the presence of a one-tap option to disable system-wide ads, but that feature was missing in the global build. If you are a MIUI 12 user and want to give your smartphone a deep cleanse, here's how you can do it.

------

Yeah...

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Im going to pull the trigger on the note 8 from Takealot. Any recommendations for screen guard and cover?

Just a normal rubber cover, nothing fancy.

deesef

Expert Member
It should come with a basic soft cover in the box. Mine did.
We got 2 of these from Banggood last year. They have a nice protective border and the ring makes it so much more comfortable to hold and carry the phone. Much nicer than the included silicone cover.

[R147.97 38% OFF]For Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Case Bakeey 360° Adjustable Ring Holder Anti-slip Shockproof Transparent TPU Protective Case Non-original Mobile Phone Accessories from Phones & Telecommunications on banggood

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Phone will be delivered today. Whats the best way to transfer EVERYTHING from current to new device?

ands45

Phone will be delivered today. Whats the best way to transfer EVERYTHING from current to new device?
If android to android most stuff should restore from Google drive backup if you have it on. For photos I use Google photos. Or just copy files to computer and then to new device

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Ok. What considerations are there for me if I want to hand my Redmi 4A to my son? Can I just wipe it, set the Redmi 4A up for him with his Gmail account and that's that?

Getting a Note 8 on this Monday.

Dave

Honorary Master
Ok. What considerations are there for me if I want to hand my Redmi 4A to my son? Can I just wipe it, set the Redmi 4A up for him with his Gmail account and that's that?

Getting a Note 8 on this Monday.

Dont forget to back it up before doing the factory reset. Otherwise, yes.

Unless you're starting fresh with none of your own data on the new phone?

Back up, wipe, run through the setup using junior‘s account.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Unless you're starting fresh with none of your own data on the new phone?
Only whatsapp data that need to be transferred, so backup to gdrive on old, install + restore on new.

Rest of data is in cloud storage anyway.

Plan is to set up new phone + get it up and running + customized (nova launcher etc) then wipe old one.

Must say this Redmi 4A still is going strong after more of 2 years of good and reliable service. Cannot complain, best phone for the money. Which's surprising as it's Chinese and a cheapie.

Battery still good. New screen protector.

Think I'll get a new case for it, current case's been scuffed quite a lot.