The Official Xiaomi Thread

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
I see MIA store has the Xiaomi Pad 5 128GB

Anyone got it already or has some reviews?
Takealot will also sell you one (currently on discount). I watched some reviews. If I was in the market for a tab that size, that is the one I'd go for. Looks lovely. Screenshot_2022-01-26-12-37-07-881_fi.android.takealot.jpg

remoten

I see MIA store has the Xiaomi Pad 5 128GB

Anyone got it already or has some reviews?

Yup got it last Friday - moved from Ipad 6th gen and I'm loving it. I did switch the 120hz to 60hz as I felt the battery was draining much quicker.

edit: I should also mention its a finger print magnet.

remoten

what else is it good for?

Honestly from my end I just wanted to be able to download any app as iOS is pretty locked down tight on that end.

My needs are pretty simple in terms of tablet use Kindle/Mail/Youtube/Reddit/Imgur , so I'm probably not the best person for reviews on "heavy" use on tablets.

Have not experienced any apps crashing or lag switching between them.

Having actual browsers instead of Safari with a Chrome/Firefox skin is nice. Oh and cant complain about the price vs its competitors i.e Samsung

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Honestly from my end I just wanted to be able to download any app as iOS is pretty locked down tight on that end.

My needs are pretty simple in terms of tablet use Kindle/Mail/Youtube/Reddit/Imgur , so I'm probably not the best person for reviews on "heavy" use on tablets.

Have not experienced any apps crashing or lag switching between them.

Having actual browsers instead of Safari with a Chrome/Firefox skin is nice. Oh and cant complain about the price vs its competitors i.e Samsung
Any idea if Magic the Gathering Arena works on it?

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Yup, feels a lot snappier now - was a bit sluggish in some places.

I keep things to the latest on all my devices.

rodga

Honorary Master
Anyone using a Samsung gear watch 4 with the xiaomi phone and having issues connecting?
Can do the initial setup and it works fine for a while and then shortly after wont connect again no matter what we try. Have to reset the watch and try again.

Park@82

Honorary Master
Anyone using a Samsung gear watch 4 with the xiaomi phone and having issues connecting?
Can do the initial setup and it works fine for a while and then shortly after wont connect again no matter what we try. Have to reset the watch and try again.
No but my wife has constant disconnection issues with her Xiaomi phone and her Galaxy active.

PhireSide

Honorary Master
No but my wife has constant disconnection issues with her Xiaomi phone and her Galaxy active.
I also had constant disconnecting issues with my Redmi Note 8 and my GWA2.

Since moving to Pixel Experience ROM the issues have disappeared, FWIW.

Robvd

Hi Guys. Does anyone know when the new Note 11 range will be in SA? Need to get a new phone but would rather try and wait for the 11.

Steady

Hi Guys. Does anyone know when the new Note 11 range will be in SA? Need to get a new phone but would rather try and wait for the 11.
It is unlikely that someone on this thread will know, could be soon, could be 2 months. If one compares the Redmi Note 10 Pro and Redmi Note 11 Pro ther is really not much difference. Slightly better screen and charging speed but losing the third slot if you are using 2 sims. I am confident the price will be a bit higher.
Mia (official supplier) has a orange sale tomorrow (i.e. Friday) according to their Instagram. Normally it means 10% discount while sale stocks last.

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Probably within the next two or so months, as we aren't near the top when it comes to receiving stock

ands45

Expert Member
It is unlikely that someone on this thread will know, could be soon, could be 2 months. If one compares the Redmi Note 10 Pro and Redmi Note 11 Pro ther is really not much difference. Slightly better screen and charging speed but losing the third slot if you are using 2 sims. I am confident the price will be a bit higher.
Mia (official supplier) has a orange sale tomorrow (i.e. Friday) according to their Instagram. Normally it means 10% discount while sale stocks last.
Not sure it is much of an improvement over the 10 pro? The processor is seemingly a downgrade (besides the 5G support), as they have gone from the 7 series in the 10 to the 6 series in the 11. As it is a new processor maybe it still is better, not sure and the rest of the specs are pretty much the same