Well, looks like they managed to make sure we wake up again with the lights on. But I still think the state owes us a proper explanation as to what could cause such a catastrophic blackout event.

As to Helderberg not being a part p CoCT when it suits them to forget it / I have never understood why they decided to include it into the metro anyway. It makes no sense. The area would be better off as a stand alone muni.
 
Well, looks like they managed to make sure we wake up again with the lights on. But I still think the state owes us a proper explanation as to what could cause such a catastrophic blackout event.

As to Helderberg not being a part p CoCT when it suits them to forget it / I have never understood why they decided to include it into the metro anyway. It makes no sense. The area would be better off as a stand alone muni.

Just strange, our power was restored at almost exactly the same time as Hermanus and Grabouw. I don't know about other places.

Still no explanation, other than an Eskom notice.

I am very annoyed with all things in SA at the moment, and it all started with the DHA.
 
Just strange, our power was restored at almost exactly the same time as Hermanus and Grabouw. I don't know about other places.

Still no explanation, other than an Eskom notice.

I am very annoyed with all things in SA at the moment, and it all started with the DHA.

A councillor in Hermanus posted that our outage was due to 'vandalism and theft'.
 
A councillor in Hermanus posted that our outage was due to 'vandalism and theft'.

Ours shared the exact same words, but reformatted, from the post I shared in #35. I have no idea where that person got his information from.

Anyhow, at least we have power today, and my internet is working.
 
Ours shared the exact same words, but reformatted, from the post I shared in #35. I have no idea where that person got his information from.

Anyhow, at least we have power today, and my internet is working.

We got that one and then this one followed at 6.30am

----------------------

Overstrand wide power outage due to vandalism and theft:

Tuesday, 06 October 2026 @ 06:30

Eskom is aware of the power supply outage caused by vandalism and theft affecting customers in Overstrand, Theewaterskloof Local Municipality and some parts of Grabouw.

Eskom technical teams are currently on site assessing the situation and investigating the extent of damage to the electricity infrastructure.

Estimated time of restoration (ETR) has not yet been established.

Furtherupdates will be provided as more information becomes available.

Eskom is continuing to engage with communities to raise awareness about
the importance of safeguarding electricity infrastructure.

Vandalism and theft of electricity infrastructure are serious crimes and disrupt the power supply, affect communities and place additional pressure on the electricity network.

Eskom urges communities to work together with it to protect critical electricity infrastructure and to report any suspicious activities to the relevant authorities.

Issued by:
Edward Jantjies, Overstrand Acting Municipal Manager
 
I'm off to a good start then - I just serviced my water from air machine last weekend.

1791284198378.jpg


my 8yr old grundfos scala 2 jojo tank pump needed new bearings

1791284781897.jpg

must still replace the big blue filter cartridges when I re-install pump


next installing my new DEYE 8Kw inverter.

SUN-8K-SG06LP1-EU-CM3.JPG
 
Any recommendations on suppliers of oxygen absorbers?

Not in bulk and individually wrapped would be first prize

I have a place that sell's packs of 40 which works but having to use the whole pack straight after opening isn't ideal.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X