The SA Politics Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
COMMENT | After the election of the Speaker (Thoko Didiza) and Deputy Speaker (Annelie Lotriet), it is clear that Cyril Ramaphosa will be re-elected as president of South Africa on Friday night. Ramaphosa's only opponent will be his political nemesis - Julius Malema, EFF leader.
So far, those opposing the ANC-DA-IFP candidates only managed to attract around 50 votes. Ramaphosa's election will be a clear endorsement of centrist, democratic politics away from radical, racial politics espoused by the EFF and its supporters tonight (ATM, UDM, NCC). For the first time in 30 years, the ANC, DA and IFP are working in unison to affirm democracy and the Constitution.
-Adriaan Basson
The members are called to the chamber for the election of the president.
-Jan Gerber
 
I disagree. Perhaps it is just what the Ministry needs, he also has vast experience in community policing and crime activism, so it can only do good.

Not like Cele who only had a hat and a teacher's diploma...

Why her and not Aunty Glynnis?
They all look the same.

Jokes aside, Glynnis for sure. She don't take kak and she used to work at the NPA.
 
Deputy Speaker Annelie Lotriet and President Cyril Ramaphosa at the CTICC. (Photo by GCIS)
8fa1d187627b42f4adcaf0b96a911159.jpg


DA leader John Steenhuisen and President Cyril Ramaphosa at the CTICC. (Photo by GCIS)

b3bf146ea356447bb7693049e5525484.jpg
 
I must say one thing about Julias, he has exceptionally straight teeth. @DentistGuy what you think ? Definitely cleaner than the DA guys, but not so much like the DA lady.
Fluoride= good.

'North West, Limpopo, and Northern Cape have been identified as provinces displaying high levels of fluorides in groundwater, often as high as 30 mg/t (WHO, 2000).'

I don't know why the Western Cape doesn't fluoridate water. Honestly, it's such a small investment for such a large public health benefit.
 
I disagree. Perhaps it is just what the Ministry needs, he also has vast experience in community policing and crime activism, so it can only do good.

Not like Cele who only had a hat and a teacher's diploma...

Why her and not Aunty Glynnis?
Yeah, you're right I got the wrong person.

On Ian, a little bit of community activism is not enough to run something as complex as the police ministry. He won't get it though I doubt the DA would select him if they were offered the post.
 
Yeah, you're right I got the wrong person.

On Ian, a little bit of community activism is not enough to run something as complex as the police ministry. He won't get it though I doubt the DA would select him if they were offered the post.
I'd agree... There is a difference between community activism and developing a strategy and policy for a large complex setup like policing.
 
Fluoride= good.

'North West, Limpopo, and Northern Cape have been identified as provinces displaying high levels of fluorides in groundwater, often as high as 30 mg/t (WHO, 2000).'

I don't know why the Western Cape doesn't fluoridate water. Honestly, it's such a small investment for such a large public health benefit.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29220711/

Would explain why Malema is the clown he is.
 
On Ian, a little bit of community activism is not enough to run something as complex as the police ministry. He won't get it though I doubt the DA would select him if they were offered the post.
He also has a qualification in Policing...

He studied Police Science at UNISA and has completed courses at the North-West University, the New York Fire Department, the Montana Department of Forestry, and earned a certificate in Local Government through the University of Pretoria.[3]
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X